Cooper

Well don’t tell him I’ve been blabbing all his info over the internet. 😆

I mean, my mate never told me I couldn’t, but he didn’t tell me I could either 😁
Cooper has another year so we would get a fee, He would earn more at a championship club than at Rangers who are a big club in there own eyes but in reality they would struggle to beat Millwall, In a bidding war would be blown out of the water by at least half a dozen clubs in our division.

Cooper has another year so we would get a fee, He would earn more at a championship club than at Rangers who are a big club in there own eyes but in reality they would struggle to beat Millwall, In a bidding war would be blown out of the water by at least half a dozen clubs in our division.
We’ll have to see. I hope we keep him.

re wages, my guess would be that Rangers pay similar to championship level, and certainly at least what we pay, but probably more. What might swing it is the lure of playing in front of 50k every other week, challenging for titles and cups, with an actual realistic chance of winning one, and playing every season in Europe. As I say, I hope I’m wrong. But I can see the appeal rangers would have for him.

Well my best mate is good pals with their assistant manager, and it came from him. So it’s pretty much from the horses mouth.
The assistant horses mouth, mate :grinning:

He's been linked with them most transfer windows. Doubt he'd earn more at Rangers although bonuses may be an earner if they make the champions league. Why he'd want to play in a Sunday pub league is beyond me.

He loves it at Wall, has taken to us and loves what we're all about. I doubt it will happen unless the club are willing to let him go and that we have a replacment lined up. He's worth £2-£3 million considering he has a year left on his contract. Another great signing by Harris!

Just had a quick google mate. They pay miles more than we do. Almost double. Their highest earner this season is their centre back Goldson on 37k. Ours was Afobe before he left on 18k.
Depends which site which( site there are many of them ) that you read. Tavernier is down for £30K per week on one and £14k on another! They've only just got back into the champions league after 12 year absence. Hardly swirling with money! If they get knocked out in the qualifiers they'll pay even less. They won't win this seasons SPL either.

I think people pressume the champions league pays more than it actually does to each club. The winners get around £40 million. Rangers would get about £6 million from the CL for getting to the knockout stages and £3 million fo being the SPL winners or £2.4 million for the runner up.

There's only a few at Rangers on decent wage. Defoe was well paid but would have stretched the FFP limits. There wage bill is higher than ours but they have a much bigger squad than us ( 18 ) more players. There manager will be on more than Rowett is.

The majority players won't be on what the average wage is at Wall which is around £8k per week. Our wages go from £3k for less senior/ experienced squad members, then £5K but most senior players will be on a minimum of £8k per week. We have a good few players pulling over £10-12k per week as well as a few higer earners. The add in performance/ win and goal scoring bonuses ( not that the goals bonus would cost us much :hehe: )

Millwall are already in conversation with him about a new contract. I would expect some clause about going up and option to leave on a free to be included. If we did manage to go up I would expect him to sign for the season. However if my life depended on it my money would be on Boro to go up through the playoffs. just saying.

Being a pendent here but they average under 50k.
By about 800 🤣

mate, putting the European money to one side (I know that it won’t be a massive contribution, but it will still be a contribution), they have a huge supporter base (think of the merchandise they shift) and are one of the biggest clubs supporter wise in Northern Europe.
And correct their squad is bigger than ours (by 12) but their wage bill is 24 mill a year, compared to our 10 mill.
I agree with you on most things on here mate, but think you’re well wide of the mark if you think we pay similar wages to Rangers.

I agree with you on most things on here mate,
I should bloody think so en all :grinning:

but think you’re well wide of the mark if you think we pay similar wages to Rangers
I've explained already that they have a few big earners but that is all and that they're not as loadeds as many would assume. If they paid more than most championshi clubs we and other clubs would lose out on the likes of Saville, Afobe, Leonard, Watmore, Burke and Bradshaw etc.