Cooper on Joe

STWall

It is very difficult to say how good things now are for the players without at least implying it was really shit before.
I think Jake just about got away with it there.
I’m not sure GR would agree if he read those comments 🤪

As an aside what must GR really be thinking when he looks at the goals and the style of play on Saturday?

It is very difficult to say how good things now are for the players without at least implying it was really shit before.
I think Jake just about got away with it there.
I’m not sure GR would agree if he read those comments 🤪

As an aside what must GR really be thinking when he looks at the goals and the style of play on Saturday?
What if

It just goes to show something was missing this season and the latter part of last season. It was GR's players but a different outcome without him.

Maybe GR will think he needs a new coach or two by his side to move forward himself. Who knows, but people did say they thought he could do with a better coaching staff behind him. That may well be the case.

Early days, we all know that. But if last Saturday was any idea of things to come, it could be a rather Spiffing time down The Den for a while.

The seeds of progress were first sewn by Harris dragging us out of the shit Willy Wonka created, and then moving us forward. GR came along after four years and pushed the club even further along and cemented us as a established Championship club. Four years later the next step up the ladder has begun. Harris and GR weren't around for nothing, they've left a good footing for Edwards to build on. Lets keep our fingers crossed for hopefully, another, successful four year Millwall manager (coach)

:grinning:

I noticed on Saturday how we actually did play out from the back and everything was connecting together. Good to see a positive influence the manager is putting together, good to see Cooper mention that also.
Although it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to work out coopers sucessful long ball accuracy percentage would be that of a beer can, but it is pleasing to see we have already started shaping up possession based football. Onwards and upwards.

I noticed on Saturday how we actually did play out from the back and everything was connecting together. Good to see a positive influence the manager is putting together, good to see Cooper mention that also.
Although it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to work out coopers sucessful long ball accuracy percentage would be that of a beer can, but it is pleasing to see we have already started shaping up possession based football. Onwards and upwards.
Rocket scientist or not, clearly GR couldn’t work it out.

Rocket scientist or not, clearly GR couldn’t work it out.
I'd disagree Paul, and even go as far as saying Cooper was probably told to stick his foot through it quite a few times. It's the kind of style Rowett likes, the opposition having the ball. For JC to constantly do it from game to game under GR, I feel it was an instruction.

Screenshot_20231114_080609_Google.jpg

I'd disagree Paul, and even go as far as saying Cooper was probably told to stick his foot through it quite a few times. It's the kind of style Rowett likes, the opposition having the ball. For JC to constantly do it from game to game under GR, I feel it was an instruction.
We are not disagreeing. I'm 100% sure Cooper was told to punt it long. I was meaning that GR couldn't see how wrong that was.

A pal of mine told me something very telling about GR. If he turned up at Calmont Road with his boots, he would take the training/coaching that day.

If he didn't have his togs, then the coaches would run the proceedings.

Always remember Rowlett in his playing days, was a.defender and.had that ingrained mindset of cautioned.

It just goes to show something was missing this season and the latter part of last season. It was GR's players but a different outcome without him.

Maybe GR will think he needs a new coach or two by his side to move forward himself. Who knows, but people did say they thought he could do with a better coaching staff behind him. That may well be the case.

Early days, we all know that. But if last Saturday was any idea of things to come, it could be a rather Spiffing time down The Den for a while.

The seeds of progress were first sewn by Harris dragging us out of the shit Willy Wonka created, and then moving us forward. GR came along after four years and pushed the club even further along and cemented us as a established Championship club. Four years later the next step up the ladder has begun. Harris and GR weren't around for nothing, they've left a good footing for Edwards to build on. Lets keep our fingers crossed for hopefully, another, successful four year Millwall manager (coach)

:grinning:
GR is a good championship manager that has a solid record. He won’t look at any other manager with envy or desire to change. He’s got a £20k per week price tag that many clubs will pay because of his good record. Therefore I can’t see he will be bothered - for some managers it’s just a job and he will
Always do it his way. Can’t argue. He’s done alright for hisself I suppose?