Conor Mahoney

Turned up far to rarely. But who knows what an extended run in the team might have produced, enough had that chance when not performing.
On a side note are these advertisers taking the piss on here, I know a lot of us are in our declining years, but customising your chair lift, come on.

With Mahoney going the other out of contract players being Pearce Dutch and Jed and the loans returning to their clubs plus the usual cull of the under 23s it looks like another busy summer recruitment

A shame but inevitable. It's been clear for ages that he didn't have a future with us. I wonder why he didn't leave during the January window?

I think we had too many injuries to allow him to leave then.
Probably a factor. However, I wonder why we kept Mahoney but let Bod, Smith and Tommo go? Burey was picked ahead of Mahoney and the latter hasn't featured much even during the injury crisis, so it was clear that he had no future with us. Maybe we tried to offload him but he refused to go?

Probably a factor. However, I wonder why we kept Mahoney but let Bod, Smith and Tommo go? Burey was picked ahead of Mahoney and the latter hasn't featured much even during the injury crisis, so it was clear that he had no future with us. Maybe we tried to offload him but he refused to go?
We'll probably never know, but circumstances are different in every individual case.
With Thommo, for example, I think the right move became available at that time, with NH taking over the Pikies, so the move happened.
Likewise, Bod and Smiff.
Let's be honest, we thought we'd be stuck with Bod till he drew his old age pension, so when Bolton showed an interest, we couldn't get the paperwork done fast enough. :grinning:

I would of thought with Jed going he could of pulled the strings behind the front 2. Good crosser and scored a few, not defensive enough for Rowett tho.