Congratulations Surrey CCC

I always associate the county of Surrey with the stripeys. I know the cricket team play in Kennington but still couldn’t bring myself to support them for that reason.

I always associate the county of Surrey with the stripeys. I know the cricket team play in Kennington but still couldn’t bring myself to support them for that reason.
I first read that as strippers instead of stripeys,whole different context altogether
Remember some great ones in a pub near Chelsea bridge at lunchtime when working on the qvc building

I first read that as strippers instead of stripeys,whole different context altogether
Remember some great ones in a pub near Chelsea bridge at lunchtime when working on the qvc building
Might be the Chelsea Reach on the corner of Battersea Park Rd and Queenstown Rd, use to get my pay cheque and cash it in the Midland bank on the oppo corner of the same two roads on a Friday as 16 yr old in my first job and spend my lunch hr watching the strippers with my much older work colleagues.

We used to go to the stripper's pub on a Friday afternoon when I was working as a gravedigger years ago... Dermot, a philosophical Irish fella, used to muse "after working with dead bodies all week it's nice to see some live ones". There was always this bloke in there who would grab a table right, slap bang front and centre of the 'stage', and sit there staring forward intently at the girls... Creepy he was... Dermot used to say of him, "that fella there, he's gynacological".

Me too, from 1964-67, I was there at every available opportunity.
I used to go there at around the same period. There was a young spin bowler named Roger Harmon..do you remember him? Around 30 years later I worked for a French company that had a production site in Fareham. The bloke in charge of the Customer Services with whom I used to work with and have verbal punch ups was also named Roger Harmon. One day I had lunch with him and a Dutch customer who started talking about the funny game of cricket that nobody on the continent understands. I said I used to go to the Oval to watch Surrey during the summer when I was kid. I then asked Roger “ Do you follow cricket”? He said I played professionally for Surrey!. Fuck me it was the same Roger.!!!

From the team I supported from a kid Hampshire, don't ask me why as I'm from New Cross, think it was when Barry Richards and Gordon greenage that I liked as a kid.
Arguably the greatest ever opening pair. Greenidge was English qualified but opted to play for WI.

Just to add that Surrey lost their last match by an innings & 130 runs.
Cricket’s equivalent of “already being on the beach” I suppose :cool: