Club were a joke on Sat

Lionwolf

So forced to stand out in the rain in the East Lower, no thought for the fans whatsoever, could at least have opened a coveted bit up. Son goes to the toilet in block 47, stewards wouldn’t let him back in as it was overcrowded, said he had to go up the other end. He semi forced his way through. So a couple of us went down to have a beer and have a word with the supervisor, who I told on uncertain terms in front of the stewards that they were bang out of order. Big bully boys trying it on, who need to be told. Left at half-time. Seen a lot worse on my time obviously, but think the club has little consideration for their fans. Wasn’t rocket science that it was going to rain most of the day.

So forced to stand out in the rain in the East Lower, no thought for the fans whatsoever, could at least have opened a coveted bit up. Son goes to the toilet in block 47, stewards wouldn’t let him back in as it was overcrowded, said he had to go up the other end. He semi forced his way through. So a couple of us went down to have a beer and have a word with the supervisor, who I told on uncertain terms in front of the stewards that they were bang out of order. Big bully boys trying it on, who need to be told. Left at half-time. Seen a lot worse on my time obviously, but think the club has little consideration for their fans. Wasn’t rocket science that it was going to rain most of the day.
Good for you, Lionwolf!

What you’ve outlined was bang out of order, and perhaps you need to send a letter of complaint to Steve Kavanagh, asking him to apologise to you and your son, on behalf of the club he works for?

Should have opened the ground as usual or all Upper blocks.
Booked my usual season ticket seats in West Upper. Missus went to sit down first while I had slash a twat and his boys were sitting in them. She politely asked them to move etc for him to tell her very aggressively to go and sit somewhere else. She's no shrinking violet and preceeded to insist that he move now he took that attitude. He was still refusing until I was walking towards them and moved with the hump.
10 mins later there was another grumble behind us and he was sitting an old couples seat getting leary.
Either the club makes cup games unreserved seating or they need to open all the blocks up to stop this shit happening.

Should have opened the ground as usual or all Upper blocks.
Booked my usual season ticket seats in West Upper. Missus went to sit down first while I had slash a twat and his boys were sitting in them. She politely asked them to move etc for him to tell her very aggressively to go and sit somewhere else. She's no shrinking violet and preceeded to insist that he move now he took that attitude. He was still refusing until I was walking towards them and moved with the hump.
10 mins later there was another grumble behind us and he was sitting an old couples seat getting leary.
Either the club makes cup games unreserved seating or they need to open all the blocks up to stop this shit happening.
Kavanagh needs to know about this and Lionwolf’s bad experience!

An apology is the very least he could do for supporters who’s money helps pay him his inflated yearly salary!

Bang out of order Lionwolf. The club totally fucked up. None of the lot normally around me were there so that felt odd. Four youth next to me I doubt were wall. So no one was where they normally sit it seems. What with the Palarse imitating Berlin Ultras and about one monk chant all game, it didn't feel like Millwall at all. Thank God for young Esse. Quite enjoyed the storm in Kitchener Upper but terrible for Dockers lower.

Sorry, but why can't people just sit in the seat they've paid for. Your ticket has a seat number and row on it. It's not fucking rocket science. Everyone has a seat to sit in. No overcrowding, no problems. Sitting in a seat someone else had paid for is just moronic in my opinion and you wouldn't do it anywhere else (plane, restaurant, theatre or wherever) but let's blame the club and the stewards.

Sorry, but why can't people just sit in the seat they've paid for. Your ticket has a seat number and row on it. It's not fucking rocket science. Everyone has a seat to sit in. No overcrowding, no problems. Sitting in a seat someone else had paid for is just moronic in my opinion and you wouldn't do it anywhere else (plane, restaurant, theatre or wherever) but let's blame the club and the stewards.
I agree, but at Millwall we will never get everyone sitting in the right seat. The reason I always sat in the CBL when we moved from the Old Den, until the fuckwits who run our club changed it from unreserved seating.

Yes & no. Season ticket holders that hadn’t booked their tickets by Wednesday (or was it Thursday) had to sit in different seats to their normal ones (is this fair?)
This was made worse by the fact that because half the ground was shut, thousands of season ticket holders had to move elsewhere (or as it turned out couldn’t be arsed to go)
For the season ticket holders that were “forced” to move, there was a £2 booking fee per ticket. The under 12 tickets were only £3 but you had to pay a £2 booking fee on top (66% of the ticket price!) They couldn’t even put your new ticket on your “card” so you had to queue up to collect your tickets.
It would have been easier for us to just pay on the day or even easier if they had just kept the whole ground open. And what an unedifying sight seeing us play the second half towards an empty Cold Blow Lane stand

There's been little or no atmosphere down there for a long while, fuck all to do with the club.
Weird but sadly true mate. Even before Covid the atmosphere was piss poor. The older I get the closer I get to jacking it in. Train strikes plus £30 a ticket when the fuckers are running, so many fucking night games, shit atmosphere, stewarded to death. Can see me binning the ST and becoming a day tripper.

All that despite our league position and a team working their bollocks off.

Can see me binning the ST and becoming a day tripper.
I have been mulling over the same prospect mate. Done 45 year and am a walk away from the Den, but season by season it's losing it's appeal and i'm questioning why i bother. Other than the social aspect and catching up with mates ( who are going a lot less) i wouldn't bother.

Everything changes, it was inevitable that we would too! You only have to read some of the stuff posted on our forums to see that we have some proper strings following us now. Imagine what this place would have been like in the late 70's early 80's and then some!

Add in the cctv and recording devices, lairy and over zealous stewarding and the shit atmosphere week after week, whats left to be bothered about? We're not the fanbase that some with sleepy eyes think we are anymore. Most of what i fell and stayed in love with has, and is dwindling away.

I have been mulling over the same prospect mate. Done 45 year and am a walk away from the Den, but season by season it's losing it's appeal and i'm questioning why i bother. Other than the social aspect and catching up with mates ( who are going a lot less) i wouldn't bother.

Everything changes, it was inevitable that we would too! You only have to read some of the stuff posted on our forums to see that we have some proper strings following us now. Imagine what this place would have been like in the late 70's early 80's and then some!

Add in the cctv and recording devices, lairy and over zealous stewarding and the shit atmosphere week after week, whats left to be bothered about? We're not the fanbase that some with sleepy eyes think we are anymore. Most of what i fell and stayed in love with has, and is dwindling away.
We're of the same vintage mate and I echo that word for word (apart from the walk you lucky bastard 😀)

"Season ticket holders that hadn’t booked their tickets by Wednesday (or was it Thursday) had to sit in different seats to their normal ones (is this fair?)"

Yes, you had until Wednesday and didn't book. Therefore, you sit in the seat you did book. I just really can't see what is difficult about this.

"Season ticket holders that hadn’t booked their tickets by Wednesday (or was it Thursday) had to sit in different seats to their normal ones (is this fair?)"

Yes, you had until Wednesday and didn't book. Therefore, you sit in the seat you did book. I just really can't see what is difficult about this.
Fair point but wouldn’t it have been even easier just to keep the whole ground open?
I really can’t see what what would have been so difficult about this either?
P.s. Yes, it saved a few hundred quid in stewards wages but we played towards an empty stand in the second half which might (just might) have denied us a money spinning draw in the fourth round plus did Manzies or the German sausage mob even bother to open? Don’t ask me, we ended up with tickets in block two.

Just over 7 thousand bought tickes, 900 of those were away fans. Can fully understand why the club left certain areas closed. They can't win whatever they do. Seats empty everywhere and bods complaining about someone taking there's, can understand if it's packed but it's been the way for years.

Members online