Chelsea Youth in January Transfer Window

There is a couple of things to remember when it comes to potential January signings (if any). One is that Edwards isn’t actually in charge of recruitment, that responsibility lies with the ‘director of football operations’ Alex Aldridge and has done since his return to the club a couple of years or so ago, hence JEs title of first team coach. That’s not to say that he won’t have any influence but the main input will be from Aldridge.

Also as ever there is the small matter of money and I think it’s fairly safe to assume that our budget for this season is spent so as Edwards stated recently any incomings are likely to minimal and may well depend on outgoings which seems unlikely at the moment. The transfer market in January rarely gives much value anyway.

In an interview last week Edwards was careful to dampen the expectation of lots of new faces and the notion that there is a raft of unknown untapped premiership starlets eager to jump aboard in the new year and fire us up the table. Edwards, just like Rowett before him, will have to try and make the best of what he has.

Some of those named above are 18 and 19 and have no experience at championship or senior level. Rowett has been recently criticised for bringing in players/ loans that he'd previously worked with which is not unusal for a manager. I wonder when we'll hear the first phase of the gallows being built for the next scalp of the amchair experts!!! Was told today by a fella that sits near the dugouts that Edwards was being cunted off by some of our wonderful fans on Saturday. The mind boggles.
I was sat there near our dug-out, never heard a peep against our new coach. Plenty of travel advice for the excellent Referee though.

I was sat there near our dug-out, never heard a peep against our new coach. Plenty of travel advice for the excellent Referee though.
That's odd because i asked someone else and he said he did get a bit too off of afew individuals. It wouldn't surprise me. I sat down there a few times over the years and it seemed to full of angry fuckers with plenty of advice. Another time Warnock was in town and some of the stick and piss taking was superb. He took it for the best part then got really riled when he was losing and lost it completely :grinning:

This.

All you have to do is look at the results of the U21 teams in the EFL Bristol Street Motors Trophy to appreciate it’s an enormous jump from U21 to playing against League 1 and League 2 MEN🤷‍♂️

They would have to be very special to have a significant impact in The Championship 🤔
Also their first team are shite (palmer excepted) so I would trust their judgment on playing staff

I can’t get excited thinking about us borrowing youth players from Chelsea to save our season.

I've got a sneaky feeling Flemming might be off in January.
He’s not looked interested this season. Not bringing enough to the table. When it didn’t go Jed’s way he’d at least try and force the issue to make something happen. Flemming seems happy for games to pass him by.
Maybe he’ll go back to the Dutch leagues?

As well as he played last season in the games that got him all those goals, he did say that that first season it was hard for him to adjust to the English/Championship style and pace of play. Also, now teams have sussed out how to nullify him, he might still be finding it hard to adjust (hence the lack of energy and enthusiasm from him on the pitch), so a move away might be the best for all parties concerned?

Maybe he’ll go back to the Dutch leagues?

As well as he played last season in the games that got him all those goals, he did say that that first season it was hard for him to adjust to the English/Championship style and pace of play. Also, now teams have sussed out how to nullify him, he might still be finding it hard to adjust (hence the lack of energy and enthusiasm from him on the pitch), so a move away might be the best for all parties concerned?
Nah i dont think he would go back to the Dutch league, i reckon Burnley will come back in for him in January but won't offer anywhere near what they did last time round.

Nah i dont think he would go back to the Dutch league, i reckon Burnley will come back in for him in January but won't offer anywhere near what they did last time round.
Correct. He's in the right country for the wedge. He could probably double his current wage with a few championship sides. I don't think a premier side down the bottom half would take the risk.

If he’s only worthy of a starting spot on our bench, can’t see a Premiership side recruiting him :shake: However, if we could recoup the money we forked out for him, I’d take it 👍