Charlton

Cray Valley’s ground only holds 1000 spectators.

Perhaps we could offer them use of The Den the replay, it’ll be worth a fortune to them and I imagine some of our fans would turn out to support them 😉
and Charlton haven't won their for 27 years, they'd hate the prospect of playing at ours. Could be a big advantage for the Millers, I'd be there.

Perhaps we could offer them use of The Den the replay, it’ll be worth a fortune to them and I imagine some of our fans would turn out to support them 😉
It's probably the only chance they'll get to win a game at our place.

Who says they will win? Anything could happen. If they start with the same team as they had yesterday they definitely won’t win!

Exactly my thoughts

There's a good turn out in that away end.
Yeah but having followed a bit of non- League as a little-un that kinda thing used to piss me off a bit. Week in and out you'd get the same 200 odd people turn up, the club would do well in a cup and suddenly you've got 3000 people turning up all with scarves etc "oh yes I'm a blah blah blah supporter". Most couldn't name the players. Club get knocked out the cup, back at home the next week in some Isthmian league fixture and you're back to the original 200, none of the 'new' lot in sight.
I know financially it was good for the club and that's always gonna be the way with a bit of success, but it did used to annoy me a bit as a kid.

Yeah but having followed a bit of non- League as a little-un that kinda thing used to piss me off a bit. Week in and out you'd get the same 200 odd people turn up, the club would do well in a cup and suddenly you've got 3000 people turning up all with scarves etc "oh yes I'm a blah blah blah supporter". Most couldn't name the players. Club get knocked out the cup, back at home the next week in some Isthmian league fixture and you're back to the original 200, none of the 'new' lot in sight.
I know financially it was good for the club and that's always gonna be the way with a bit of success, but it did used to annoy me a bit as a kid.

Yeah, I do understand that and it does irk a bit. But, like you said, the extra folk turning up helps out financially.

In a way, it was like that at the Wigan (Wembley) final. 50,000 odd 'Wall turning up. Three generations all getting together for one game, something that doesn't happen very often and usually just at a big game. Probably the same thing happened for Cray Valley.

Although, I wouldn't exactly say playing the Spotters is a big game... :grinning:

Yeah, I do understand that and it does irk a bit. But, like you said, the extra folk turning up helps out financially.

In a way, it was like that at the Wigan (Wembley) final. 50,000 odd 'Wall turning up. Three generations all getting together for one game, something that doesn't happen very often and usually just at a big game. Probably the same thing happened for Cray Valley.

Although, I wouldn't exactly say playing the Spotters is a big game... :grinning:
Yeah, you're right, I'd forgotten about that. Cup semis and final similar too.