By the way gift from Charlton he was - Gordon Bolland & 70s wall action

wellerwasbest

80 this year is Gordon and celerbated his 60th wedding anniversay just last year !

Unusual this has i have got got a book(recall them ha) with all the games featuring Millwall Home and Away on tv Itv. BBC etc and this one is not included on the list for some reason
Possibly cos a diifferent region. Mind Brian Moores on it

I never thought he had scored 3 goals in a game for the Lions but he did once Birmingham City The Den 1969 70 i have checked on my list(sado alert)
You will see why i have brought up Hat tricks after you watch this action, The season after we nearly went up to the promised land here
Kitch. Alf Wood, Dunphy, Arry , King, Allder Burnett etc seen Hillsbrough V Sheffield Weds
Never a Foul ....

He scored 2 goals in a game 8 times for the Lions ! Not a bad return for a Mid field player
when in conversation i have mentioned i thought he was the best Two footed player i had seen play for the Club
ok i was very young when he played and players Like Alex Rae, Weller and a few others i bet you will come up with

What a Gift he was from Charlton £10,000 i think, not checked.oct 68
His first goal for the club was at the the Den v Yes charlton ! Yes the winner in a 3 2 win

The game was special now when i look back The only ever game my ol Mum came to with me, Yet we lived about 1 minutes walk from the turnstiles
My Aunt Audrey came as well with her son who lived in charlton , she still does 89 she is now got a story about her at the game which i actually told to Gordon Bolland himself on Lions Live when it was a radio station. Not Dan by the way this was a few years ago.

4 other wall fans in the house telling me to ring em so in the end i did
More about that maybe later

Also known for his Goal at Home to Bristol City which won BBCs goal of the month award
Set up Alf Woods goal at Everton in the Cup with a pin point cross as many will know

239 apps sub 62 goals LEAGUE 3 Goals F A CUP 1 Goal LEAGUE CUP

Also possibly the biggest head of hair ever on a wall player ha
Sent him this via online
Any memorys ?
Sorry rambled on a bit

whoops dont know what went on with the title
cant change the title of a thread can you ? strange not sure what i did there

What a Gift he was from Charlton £10,000 i think, not checked.oct 68
His first goal for the club was at the the Den v Yes charlton ! Yes the winner in a 3 2 win

We did the double over the Clowns that season with 3-4 win at The Valium.
It was the first game of the season on a very sunny August weekend.
I think there are a few on here who might remember that game. It was a belter.

:thumbup:

Bolland was an excellent player for us. Pretty sure he got 60 goals or something from midfield. Part of THAT team.
King, Brown, Cripps, Dorney, Kitchener, Burnett, Bridges, Bolland, Possee, Dunphy, Allder. 50 years ago but like it was yesterday.

Last edited:
The Goal v Bristol City here below

This is my own little channel , nothing special did it when covid was on hiding behind the setee ha
Just a few walls bits, its all football mentions of millwall etc
Subscribe if you like , got a lot more stuff , when i am shown how to put stuff up hopefully eventually

There is another bit on a YT footage that shows more of the lead up to goal , Dorney passing the Ball to him for the goal

Near all nicked like a magpie

I met Gordon at a parents evening for new entrants to Eltham Green School. I’d been teaching there from 1971 and they offered open evenings for parents who were thinking of sending their children there. It must have been 72 or 73 and I was completely surprised when he walked into my room with his wife and daughter. I don’t think the latter chose to come to Eltham Green. I spoke to him briefly in my room and after he left I had to pinch myself to remind myself that I had been that close to a Millwall first team player.

I met Gordon at a parents evening for new entrants to Eltham Green School. I’d been teaching there from 1971 and they offered open evenings for parents who were thinking of sending their children there. It must have been 72 or 73 and I was completely surprised when he walked into my room with his wife and daughter. I don’t think the latter chose to come to Eltham Green. I spoke to him briefly in my room and after he left I had to pinch myself to remind myself that I had been that close to a Millwall first team player.
Your not Mr Masters are you ?