Buy him

Not sure about him though.

Championship club Millwall have joined league rivals Middlesbrough in the race for Accrington Stanley centre-back Ross Sykes.

A cheeky bid to Petrborough please. Scoring in a poor team this season.

Barring a miracle (and they’d have to win all their remaining 5 games and hope teams above them drop points), Peterborough will be playing in league 1 next season.

Unfortunately, Jonson Clarke-Harris, and Sammy Szmodics (Boro’s other forward), are both tied to their club until June 2024: which is more than enough time for both forwards to potentially fire their club back into the Championship!

Knowing their worth to the club, I’d be surprised if Boro didn’t have each of them valued at £2M+ in an effort to ward off any interested parties in the summer!

I might be wrong, but I cannot see JB sanctioning £2M+ to give to Rowett to buy either of these two players!

Not sure about him though.

Championship club Millwall have joined league rivals Middlesbrough in the race for Accrington Stanley centre-back Ross Sykes.
Why spend money on a league 1 centre-back for the Championship, when it could be used to add to the pot of money needed to buy Dan Ballard on a permanent deal (if Arsenal are prepared to sell him)?

Dan Ballard is a tried, trusted and excellent centre-half in the Championship! Ross Sykes would be a complete unknown quantity for us and the division!

By all means go for Sykes if we can’t buy Ballard (or get him on loan again), but let’s try all avenues first to get the Gooner before we start looking elsewhere!

I thought the Barnsley front man and the No 4 midfielder looked good in a shit team and worth a punt

Why spend money on a league 1 centre-back for the Championship, when it could be used to add to the pot of money needed to buy Dan Ballard on a permanent deal (if Arsenal are prepared to sell him)?

Dan Ballard is a tried, trusted and excellent centre-half in the Championship! Ross Sykes would be a complete unknown quantity for us and the division!

By all means go for Sykes if we can’t buy Ballard (or get him on loan again), but let’s try all avenues first to get the Gooner before we start looking elsewhere!
If Arsenal don't want him he'll go for between £3-4 million to a top four championship side at worst ,and possibly a bit more to a bottom half premier side.

Best players from championship relegation teams or play off miss outs from league one, always seem worth a look, Styles looked good from Barnsley and Quina (although on loan from Watford), the striker looked ok if he played for or better team! But if we keep or buy Ballard, Ojo and Burke, that would be good. Whatever happened to Molumby, he was a must keep at one point?

He's quick on the turn but I can't see any extraordinary skills in that video. Half the goals are penalties or tap-ins. Not convinced he is better than what we already have.
Not watched the video as anyone can be made to look good in them compilations, (even bod😳) but wouldn't it be good to have a forward who gets in the right positions to get tap ins, possibly could have won against Swansea if we had (although wouldn't have deserved it) amount of times the ball went across the front of the goal only yards out.

Supposed to be siging for West brom after a contract clause with Brighton was triggered. Going to cost them 900k.

Didnt we offer more than that during the January transfer window a couple of years back or was that just one of those click bait everyone goes everywhere sites.
Shame, he was great for us that year on loan.

Members online