Burnley cheats?

Overseaswall

Under transfer embargo for late submission of accounts, not sure if this will come to anything or points deduction

A transfer embargo when you can't buy players at the moment anyway as its not the window.. am I missing something? How long does the embargo last for?

The authorities get very tough when their statements are meaningless.
We aren't in a transfer window so Burnley wouldn't be buying anyone anyway.

A transfer embargo when you can't buy players at the moment anyway as its not the window.. am I missing something? How long does the embargo last for?
Thsts what I mean by cheats, I'm not 100% but the way I see it they done there transfer dealings by not submitting there accounts on time?

A fine or points deduction will only affect them the next time they're in the championship. Was the same for Qpr.

Tbf it's a late submission. Unless there is something wrong with the accounts themselves, imo a financial slap on the wrist is sufficient punishment.

Tbf it's a late submission. Unless there is something wrong with the accounts themselves, imo a financial slap on the wrist is sufficient punishment.
A late submission was the start of City's troubles which uncovered hundreds of dodgy dealings. Kompany is part of that culture, has loads of ex City staff and players around. Not the biggest stretch to suspect they also provide him with business advice on getting around the rules

A late submission was the start of City's troubles which uncovered hundreds of dodgy dealings. Kompany is part of that culture, has loads of ex City staff and players around. Not the biggest stretch to suspect they also provide him with business advice on getting around the rules
Man City were late filing their accounts; City's accounts were dodgy; Kompany played for City; Kompany is now manager - not an accountant - of Burnley; Burnley are late filing their accounts; therefore, Burnley's accounts are dodgy.

I'd say that was quite a stretch.

Man City were late filing their accounts; City's accounts were dodgy; Kompany played for City; Kompany is now manager - not an accountant - of Burnley; Burnley are late filing their accounts; therefore, Burnley's accounts are dodgy.

I'd say that was quite a stretch.
The point I was making was it isn't a massive stretch to believe that Kompany/Burnley are getting business advice from City where he has contacts st all levels. The players they have on loan and the payment structure for those loans aren't drawn up by Pep and Kompany are they. They are drawn up by the money men at City, the very money men guilty of late submissions and irregular financial activity

Doesn't make Burnley dodgy (although in 20 years running my own company I never submitted a late return, so I don't excuse a football club for doing so)

At the end of the day neither of us have got a clue one way or the other

Staff online