Burke in the middle

45skiprats

Would like to see Bradders and Burke upfront as Central strikers in the last three games giving us a chance of winning these games as draws may not be enough as the old saying goes " play to your strenghs" bradders with his work rate and Burke with pace and heading ability

If you want two up top then the German has got to be an option. Not sure Burke has the minerals to fight it out with two centre halves. Plus you're taking away someone for all his faluts that does actually get forward and try to make things happen.

I think our issue is our lack of movement and lack of numbers in midfield, whenever any of our back four have the ball they don't seem to have any options on for a short pass so they are forced to go long (Cooper in particular has gone back to the 50 yard diagonal up to a hopelessly out numbered and out jumped Bradshaw) hence we can't retain the ball for longer than 3-4 passes!

I'd play a midfield 3 of Billy/Savile/Styles or Shackleton in a 4-3-1-2, with Esse playing in the number 10 behind Bradshaw/Flemming or Burke.

The number 10 needs to be able pick that through ball in to the box, Esse looks like he has that in his locker.

I’d have Bradshaw up front with Fleming just behind him In a 4411. Styles looked very good last night and would have him left midfield with Burke right midfield and at ‘half time‘ bring Esse on for whichever player out of Fleming, Burke or Styles is not at the races. No more waiting until the 80th minute.

Would like to see Bradders and Burke upfront as Central strikers in the last three games giving us a chance of winning these games as draws may not be enough as the old saying goes " play to your strenghs" bradders with his work rate and Burke with pace and heading ability
To be fair this approach has worked in the past. We don’t have a tall striker to partner Bradshaw so a speed merchant (Jon Goodman style) could do the “channel running“ with the main striker going directly into the penalty box for the pass.

I think our issue is our lack of movement and lack of numbers in midfield, whenever any of our back four have the ball they don't seem to have any options on for a short pass so they are forced to go long (Cooper in particular has gone back to the 50 yard diagonal up to a hopelessly out numbered and out jumped Bradshaw) hence we can't retain the ball for longer than 3-4 passes!

I'd play a midfield 3 of Billy/Savile/Styles or Shackleton in a 4-3-1-2, with Esse playing in the number 10 behind Bradshaw/Flemming or Burke.

The number 10 needs to be able pick that through ball in to the box, Esse looks like he has that in his locker.
Need to somehow incorporate styles shacks and honey possibly Esse or flem too in an attacking passing group who can all move together say within 20 yards and pass their way through the oppos midfield. All 4 can give and go with fluid movement and accurate first time passing. Which could hopefully end up with a tap in, now what’s that?.