Bromley FA Cup Match To Be Televised On Saturday

Bromley are going well in the league but only one goes up automatically. Should be a shoe in for the playoffs and the higher you finish you get home advantage in the (one leg) play offs. It’s a decent set up, they encourage the locals and even my five year old grandson trains on the (plastic) pitch there

I bet it's changed from when I did cross country running round there on games afternoons.
I used to love running through the Ravensbourne half way round.
When we did 2 laps there was always a group would wait in the woods until lap 2, then rejoin the race.
Norman Park?

I bet it's changed from when I did cross country running round there on games afternoons.
I used to love running through the Ravensbourne half way round.
When we did 2 laps there was always a group would wait in the woods until lap 2, then rejoin the race.
Me too! Bromley Tech '63 - '67. How 'bout You?

I tried that trick during our school cross-country run. Backfired badly. Our gym teacher picked me for the school team for the ILEA championships. I trailed (no pun intended) in knackered 130-something out of 140🥴
Reminds, I wasn’t too bad at cross-country and my PE teacher, using impeccable logic (not), decided to enter me and my year’s best cross-country runner into the Morden TRIPLE JUMP (hop, skip and jump in old money).

Neither of us had done this before and, needless to say, we didn’t win. I did okay but my teammate FAILED TO REACH THE SAND PIT LANDING ON HIS ARSE ON THE RUNWAY EVERY TIME🤦‍♂️

I chuckled at the time and am now reliving the experience 😂

Last edited:
Bromley are going well in the league but only one goes up automatically. Should be a shoe in for the playoffs and the higher you finish you get home advantage in the (one leg) play offs. It’s a decent set up, they encourage the locals and even my five year old grandson trains on the (plastic) pitch there
My grandson used to get coached there when Harry Watling's ( Beales head coach) coaching team were there but Bromley wanted their own people there

Reminds, I wasn’t too bad at cross-country and my PE teacher, using impeccable logic (not), decided to enter me and my year’s best cross-country runner into the Morden TRIPLE JUMP (hop, skip and jump in old money).

Neither of us had done this before and, needless to say, we didn’t win. I did okay but my teammate FAILED TO REACH THE SAND PIT LANDING ON HIS ARSE ON THE RUNWAY EVERY TIME🤦‍♂️

I chuckled at the time and am now reliving the experience 😂
:lol:

Members online