Bristol City taking the piss

VassalsWall

Just bought old farts' ticket for game against Bristol City at Ashton Gate on New Year's Day. Cost £31. Compared that to £17 I paid for Cardiff last weekend and £19 for the Stoke game. CBL tickets for Huddersfield and Stoke are £16 and £21 respectively. Another club with delusions of grandeur ripping off away fans!!

Prices in this country are shocking. You won’t notice really unless on the breadline, which I pretty much am post divorce. The idea of wining and dining or foreign travel a distant dream.

A price cap exists in the PL of £30 for away tickets, but obviously no such thing in the Football League! A few clubs have a reciprocal agreement with each other, so they charge the same for visiting fans (especially with Leeds who's prices are a piss take). At the end of the day if you don't pay it, & I won't pay anything north of £30 to watch a Championship game, & punters don't turn up, things would have to change!!

& punters don't turn up, things would have to change!!
In most cases, I would agree with you.
If customers stop using a product or service, it disappears.
However, in this case, I don't think it would.
Away fans are normally such a small proportion of the total gate, that I don't really think most clubs give a fuck how many away fans turn up.
In fact, there is an argument for saying that prices are deliberately high to dissuade away fans from going.
Or is that just me being cynical?

Agree that for most clubs I would Imagine, away fans are mostly an inconvenience, higher police & steward costs to bear, especially if they could sell those seats to home fans anyway! My general point, is that charging home or away fans upwards of £30 to watch a championship game in the current economic climate is a piss take, & if fans refused in their numbers to pay it prices would eventually come down!