Bradshaw contract ends 2024

Assuming we stay in the Championship and Edwards is still with us at the end of this season, I would expect our head coach to bring in his own forwards during the summer. If they do well, then the club might just let Bradshaw’s contract run down and let him go on a free to earn himself one last decent signing on package somewhere.

IMO Bradshaw has been immense for us these last few seasons. He’s always been the ultimate professional: never threw his toys out the pram when he was dropped at the start of the season in favour of new signing Nisbet - he never made any fuss about playing alone up front, having to chase hoof ball tactics and being out jumped by taller defenders than himself - he just got on with it and always plays with a smile on his face, whatever the situation!

Personally I wouldn’t begrudge him another 1 year extended contract on top of his current one, which would take him up to 2025, as he would be a good standby forward should we have injuries up front during a season. The gaffer, however, might have other ideas…..

He will be 32 at the end of the season,so depending how much his agent want's may be off loaded, personally would give him another year always gives 100 % a good addition off the bench if we find something better, understand we are looking at Arsenal youngster Charles Sagoe

A much underrated and under appreciated player.

Never been prolific but without him I hate to think how bad it could have been 🤦‍♂️

Shame he’s never played in a free-flowing team with support alongside him.

In many ways he reminds me of Kevin Bremmer and that is a compliment 👍

What ever happens I wish him all the best and thank him for his contribution to the club 🙏

At 32 he will probably still be fitter than most of the squad, Saville and Watmore are blowing out their arse on 70 mins, Fleming the same yet Bradshaw is still full of running at full time and probably does more running than the rest of the team while defending from the front.

understand we are looking at Arsenal youngster Charles Sagoe

Seems he’s a right footed player who can finish with his left foot, which means he could play on either wing, which would be very handy if he could switch during the game and terrorise both left and right backs of the opposition!

Regardless of our current league position, I‘m sure Arsenal must be reasonably happy with how we’ve developed Norton-Cuffy so far this season, so maybe they’d be happy to loan us another of their younger players?

Seems to get a good write up here!

If I'm not mistaken, Bradder's wasn't dropped at the start of the season in favour of Rab. I think he had a knock or wasn't fully fit and was introduced late on in games as a sub. After two or three games, both he and Nisbet started together until he got injured up at WBA. He returned against Hull then Rab got injured.

Oddly enough, people think it was GR who was only playing one or the other, in fact, he was mostly playing them both together when both were fit. It was JE who was playing one or the other, although they both started against Huddersfield (the only game so far under his management). Nisbet wasn't signed to replace Bradshaw, we needed another striker.

Although not prolific, he's a very good, hard working pro who has a reasonable return of goals in the Championship, the bloke just gets on with it. He's very much needed at the moment and I doubt if we have the dosh to be in the market for a multi million pound striker for a while, and JE won't be relying on loans to get us goals, because those type of players aren't easily available in January. Also, Edwards has already proved he doesn't like throwing young players in the deep end too soon, so my guess is; he will be offered a one year extension.

:grinning:

Bradshaw has never really been prolific with any club he has played for and his 'purple' patch was last season.Obviously barring injuries he would have a few more goals added to his current tally.

Reminds me of Lee Gregory, another non prolific striker and like Bradshaw, works his socks off for the team and is an honest pro, so deserves something, like a rolling yearly contract.

If you get a chance to watch his goal from yesterday, he's standing beside Emakhu as Saville is making his run with the ball. He is the one to see the opportunity and follows the defender towards the goal and then sneaks in behind to score. He is playing as well now as he ever has for us, so at least another year for me.

The future is going to challenging for us as we will probably need to lower our % of income to wage ratio so giving the likes of Bradshaw another year might not be an easy choice, with Kavanagh on the EFL board we will have the time to implement changes but I'm not sure Edwards will be getting a much bigger budget to work with next season.

At 32 he will probably still be fitter than most of the squad, Saville and Watmore are blowing out their arse on 70 mins, Fleming the same yet Bradshaw is still full of running at full time and probably does more running than the rest of the team while defending from the front.
Takes his fitness very seriously. Rides a bike to training, and home games I think.

A much underrated and under appreciated player.

Never been prolific but without him I hate to think how bad it could have been 🤦‍♂️

Shame he’s never played in a free-flowing team with support alongside him.

In many ways he reminds me of Kevin Bremmer and that is a compliment 👍

What ever happens I wish him all the best and thank him for his contribution to the club 🙏
Wish he was a bit like Kevin Bremner. Kevin was hard as nails and would not be muscled off the ball by anyone. Saw him quite recently and still as fit as a fiddle. Did like a drink as well. Spent many happy hours with him at a Blackheath wine bar. The name escapes me.