Boro in denial

Not only that, but if we continue to play the way we did against Boro, we might turn around those opposition naysayer supporters (and pundits like Merson yesterday), who still think we’re a ‘kick and rush side,’ and who don’t deserve to be where we are!
Merson didn't say that. He gave us credit for the way we played. And not only after but during the game.

I don’t give a crap what others think of our style of play. In fact it plays into our hands if they only think we lump it forward as they will underestimate us and will focus their training on stopping that and then we hit them hard with something else. Being able to mix it up gives us the best chance of being successful.

Merson didn't say that. He gave us credit for the way we played. And not only after but during the game.
Sorry, I worded it wrong. What I was trying to say is that it’s nice when someone like Merson praises us for our football, as opposed to anything else we’ve done in the past (football wise, violence wise, BLM wise), as we never seem to get any credit from other SM outlets, not even if we do good work in the community, or any other good deeds the club does all year round!