Boro game

They play Villa a few hours after us and then Chelsea, not only an extra game but 2 where they can't rest players, got to have an advantage over them as they will be chasing the ball all over the place for 200 minutes.

No problem. Didn't we beat Coventry a year or two back with a shipload of injuries. I think Lovelace played that night?

Boro lost 2 more players with injury last night and even though they won where chasing shadows for much of the game ,

We have a big squad so we can cope with injuries, imagine taking 7 players out of the 87/88 squad.
Boro also have injuries and after 2 big games the last away trip they want is probably down to The Den.
They have just signed Ayling on loan from Leeds. He played well against us earlier this season.

They have just signed Ayling on loan from Leeds. He played well against us earlier this season.
He did have the luxury of a few premiership players around at leeds but yes, he is a decent Championship player.
Glad we didn't go for him , he'll be on a big wage and at 32 there won't be any return once he isn't good enough.

He did have the luxury of a few premiership players around at leeds but yes, he is a decent Championship player.
Glad we didn't go for him , he'll be on a big wage and at 32 there won't be any return once he isn't good enough.
I’ve always thought Ayling was a classic case of Millwall getting the wrong one ie Webster from Yeovil instead of Ayling and Jamie Morelee from Crystal Palace instead of Stan Collymore 🤷‍♂️

I’ve always thought Ayling was a classic case of Millwall getting the wrong one ie Webster from Yeovil instead of Ayling and Jamie Morelee from Crystal Palace instead of Stan Collymore 🤷‍♂️
Imo Ayling's a very good C'ship FB and Collymore was top quality for a short while.

Having said that, imo that's harsh on Moralee and Webster. Moralee scored a few goals and we sold him for +/-£500k. Webster was a stalwart for us for a couple of seasons, so we didn't do too badly out of a couple of free transfers.

Imo Ayling's a very good C'ship FB and Collymore was top quality for a short while.

Having said that, imo that's harsh on Moralee and Webster. Moralee scored a few goals and we sold him for +/-£500k. Webster was a stalwart for us for a couple of seasons, so we didn't do too badly out of a couple of free transfers.
Agree.

I had a lot of time for Byron who was harshly treated initially by Holloway. Thought, Ayling was the better player, shame we didn’t sign both🤷‍♂️

Although we got money for Moralee, was never in the same league as Collymore who, despite being a complete pillock, was a quality player. If he had joined from Palace it could have made the difference between us missing out by one position on the playoffs and possibly the Premiership. Also, don’t think we would have been relegated two seasons later if he had stayed or we would’ve have got a couple of million for him.

All theoretically of course 😉

Members online