‘Blue’ cards to be trialled

You see very few goals where a player dribbles from the halfway line, beats a few players and scores. The vast majority of the time they will be taken out with a professional foul. I can see what they’re trying to achieve but you know it will probably be badly implemented just like VAR.

Getting more and more like American football every year. The game is fucked really, cheating foreign owners, average players earning tens or even hundreds of thousands a week, saturated OTT television coverage, influencers and YouTuber nonces, var, right on political agenda driven bollocks, women pundits, middle aged middle class men who randomly decide that all of a sudden they like ‘footy’ as well as rugby, clubs ostracising and pricing out cradle to grave local supporters in favour of rich tourists, cunts filming everything, drips analysing every move and boring you to fucking death about possession stats and XG.

And then of course we have the Selhurst Park ‘ultras’, I mean where do we even begin to start with them? A face full of ammonia squirted from a jif lemon bottle would be an appropriate point.

Instead of adding to the refs workload why can't they work out a way to make their job easier which in turn makes them better.
I would say their job is easy, but with the introduction of VAR it was to help them out although both are clueless at times and this will just add to the confusion.
so what happens if the goalkeeper gets a blue... or say 3 players from one side are shown the blue in succession... 11 v 8 ?... then a player returns to field and get a injury as he should have warmed up before coming back on!?.

Also, the refs think they are the centre of attention, they should in essence be impartial and anonymous imo.

Last edited:
Getting more and more like American football every year. The game is fucked really, cheating foreign owners, average players earning tens or even hundreds of thousands a week, saturated OTT television coverage, influencers and YouTuber nonces, var, right on political agenda driven bollocks, women pundits, middle aged middle class men who randomly decide that all of a sudden they like ‘footy’ as well as rugby, clubs ostracising and pricing out cradle to grave local supporters in favour of rich tourists, cunts filming everything, drips analysing every move and boring you to fucking death about possession stats and XG.

And then of course we have the Selhurst Park ‘ultras’, I mean where do we even begin to start with them? A face full of ammonia squirted from a jif lemon bottle would be an appropriate point.
Like all that Ilderton save the last sentence :wagging:

I would say their job is easy, but with the introduction of VAR it was to help them out although both are clueless at times and this will just add to the confusion.
so what happens if the goalkeeper gets a blue... or say 3 players from one side are shown the blue in succession... 11 v 8 ?... then a player returns to field and get a injury as he should have warmed up before coming back on!?.

Also, the refs think they are the centre of attention, they should in essence be impartial and anonymous imo.
Imagine: 'The Ref's given a Blue, should it have been a Yellow, or even a Red? Let's see what VAR makes of it'

Maybe it will help us, insomuch as if the Ref can’t remember how many have gone off, come back on, or waiting to come back on at any one time, perhaps Edwards can slip a couple of extra Wall players onto the pitch without the ref knowing?

Since when the likes of Best, Marsh, Pele etc took to the States the "officials" over there came out with new ways to make it interesting to the Yanks!
Football ain't for me anymore! It's not even entertaining anymore. Tippy tappy tactics. Shite atmosphere. Expense!!
I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and watch out for the results