Blackpool v Millwall match thread

I’ve got no fingernails left! Bitten them down to the quick!

I’m in trouble with the Mrs. now! As soon as they made it 2-2, I went fucking nuts! Threw my iPad down on the bed, picked it up and threw it down again! And again! I’m screaming, “I fucking hate football,” to which my Mrs. replied, “Yeah, so do I!” I give her that look, and said, “Then fuck off out the room then!” And she did!

Pray for me later, boys!

Honestly, when I saw Flemming pick up that ball to take the penalty kick, I kept saying, “He’s been playing shit! He’s gonna miss it! He’s gonna miss it!” Over and over again…until he scored! 🤣

To a man, could not fault any of our players tonight! Hats off also to Rowett for having the minerals to change personnel and formation! Had we played like that against Huddersfield, Birmingham and Wigan, we’d have been out of sight in the play offs! Now we have to hope that Birmingham can hold or beat Coventry (tough ask), and Watford can hold or beat Sunderland (equally a tough ask), but the onus is now on them! They have to win, and both of them could still fuck it up if the pressure gets too much tomorrow!

I thought the ref didn’t have that bad a game, with two exceptions! Thought the penalty given was very suss, but worse of all was the injury to their player, Gabriel. Okay, the bloke is injured but he does take a couple of steps towards the touch line, but can’t take one more to step over it before he collapses?

Think he knew he was not taking any more part in the game, and also knew his side would be down to 10 men as well! Why didn’t the ref instruct the Blackpool physios to lift the player over the touch line (bearing in mind the ambulance crew had to lift him onto the stretcher), so play could continue? They were still down to 10 men once the game had restarted, so why delay the inevitable? We could have played a lot of that time against 10 men, and maybe scored a 4th goal! Then, to add insult to the bloke’s injury, the ambulance crew cart him off ACROSS the pitch! Why couldn’t they have taken him around the touch line?

Like I said, every player played their part tonight, but MOM for me was Watmore! He was everywhere on that pitch, making crucial interceptions where necessary, and going at pace through the midfield and up front, which got us a penalty and the third goal! Hopefully, Rowett will start the Blackburn game with Watmore up front with Bradshaw, and I hope (if we win that game), the manager will continue with two up top in the play off semi’s!

Well done Wall, but please, give it a few more years before you make us go through a game like that again! My heart wouldn’t be able to stand it if we have another game like that against Blackburn!

COYL

I’ve got no fingernails left! Bitten them down to the quick!

I’m in trouble with the Mrs. now! As soon as they made it 2-2, I went fucking nuts! Threw my iPad down on the bed, picked it up and threw it down again! And again! I’m screaming, “I fucking hate football,” to which my Mrs. replied, “Yeah, so do I!” I give her that look, and said, “Then fuck off out the room then!” And she did!

Pray for me later, boys!

Honestly, when I saw Flemming pick up that ball to take the penalty kick, I kept saying, “He’s been playing shit! He’s gonna miss it! He’s gonna miss it!” Over and over again…until he scored! 🤣

To a man, could not fault any of our players tonight! Hats off also to Rowett for having the minerals to change personnel and formation! Had we played like that against Huddersfield, Birmingham and Wigan, we’d have been out of sight in the play offs! Now we have to hope that Birmingham can hold or beat Coventry (tough ask), and Watford can hold or beat Sunderland (equally a tough ask), but the onus is now on them! They have to win, and both of them could still fuck it up if the pressure gets too much tomorrow!

I thought the ref didn’t have that bad a game, with two exceptions! Thought the penalty given was very suss, but worse of all was the injury to their player, Gabriel. Okay, the bloke is injured but he does take a couple of steps towards the touch line, but can’t take one more to step over it before he collapses?

Think he knew he was not taking any more part in the game, and also knew his side would be down to 10 men as well! Why didn’t the ref instruct the Blackpool physios to lift the player over the touch line (bearing in mind the ambulance crew had to lift him onto the stretcher), so play could continue? They were still down to 10 men once the game had restarted, so why delay the inevitable? We could have played a lot of that time against 10 men, and maybe scored a 4th goal! Then, to add insult to the bloke’s injury, the ambulance crew cart him off ACROSS the pitch! Why couldn’t they have taken him around the touch line?

Like I said, every player played their part tonight, but MOM for me was Watmore! He was everywhere on that pitch, making crucial interceptions where necessary, and going at pace through the midfield and up front, which got us a penalty and the third goal! Hopefully, Rowett will start the Blackburn game with Watmore up front with Bradshaw, and I hope (if we win that game), the manager will continue with two up top in the play off semi’s!

Well done Wall, but please, give it a few more years before you make us go through a game like that again! My heart wouldn’t be able to stand it if we have another game like that against Blackburn!

COYL
Whatmore added class, as he is. Kept the ball on the grass 2.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Great result, slightly iffy at times but well happy for Tom. Brought in as, the then, biggest transfer fee. A slow burner but the definition of not giving up and working hard.

Also, post match chat when GR joined them, Moro commented that it is a credit to the club, to have a stable fan base and staff. Liked hearing that from him. Whatever happens comes the end of this season, we are Millwall. We are unfashionable but I wouldn’t want it any other way. Proud to be Millwall by birth and nurture.

Also, post match chat when GR joined them, Moro commented that it is a credit to the club, to have a stable fan base and staff. Liked hearing that from him.
Maybe Moro was angling for a job next season?

A lot of us have always said we should have a goal scorer coach - so why not Moro? He’s been Wall, through and through, and certainly knew where the goal was!

Heart Attack FC should be our nickname. Fucking proud man tonight. When we play football on the deck we're a right decent team. Far from that Wigan showing. Wasn't always pretty but fuck me we deserved that. Buzzing for next Monday. I'm going to be loud and fucking proud. Getting there early doors and definitely having a few jars. My 6year old daughter is really looking forward to it too. Millwall FC - The best there is. Grafters, team players, spirit + don't know when they're down and finished. I wouldnt have it any other way.

P.S I feel happy for Peckhams cat this evening!

C'mon wall, 1 more fucking game and we're into somewhere we've never dreamt of being before. Atmosphere will be mental last game. I cant wait.

P.p.s if anyone wants a dodgy firestick instead of dodgy streams, give me a shout! A heck of alot easier.