Blackburn V Wall Match thread

Peckham Lion

Staff member
Tough game ahead. They ain't doing to well but would take a point now. two home wins since Christmas v Bristol city and Stoke. One win at home from the last five played but a good few draws. They've scored in all but two of there home games and have kept only one clean sheet at Ewood which was against Cardiff. We've kept six clean sheets on our travels and have failed to score in five of our seventeen aways to date.

Safe journey to those making the trip

COYL

Last edited:
I remember going up there in the eighties before Jack Walker bought the houses around the ground. Proper old northern cobbled streets (like Coronation Street)
why is everything so bland nowadays?
Memo to John Lennon: I never did notice those 10,000 holes :shrug:

Chronological?
Did you go to grammar school?
I ended up at a Technical Grammar School (i.e. we did Engineering etc and not languages).

At my interview the Headmaster said my intelligence and arithmetic papers were 2 of the best he had ever seen and my English ONE OF THE WORST :slap:and that's why I ended up at Borough Beaufoy and not Wilsons Grammar :grinning:

I ended up at a Technical Grammar School (i.e. we did Engineering etc and not languages).

At my interview the Headmaster said my intelligence and arithmetic papers were 2 of the best he had ever seen and my English ONE OF THE WORST :slap:and that's why I ended up at Borough Beaufoy and not Wilsons Grammar :grinning:
One of my first instructors told me: "When I started out I couldn't even spell Engineer, and now I is one" :ROFLMAO:

Some of us managed to get into to Tenison’s, well. 2 of us anyway😏