Birmingham Saturday

Their captain and CB Sanderson got a straight red for a foul on Smallbone so I assume that he will get a two or even three game ban. I am fairly certain that he won’t be able to play against us!

Their captain and CB Sanderson got a straight red for a foul on Smallbone so I assume that he will get a two or even three game ban. I am fairly certain that he won’t be able to play against us!
Unless he successfully appeals.

Straight red seemed harsh to me but I don’t think the appeals process works that quickly
Yes, it does. A player recently who got a red before playing us midweek got it overturned and was able to play.
I forget who.
Spoiler alert…I may have just made that up.

Yes, it does. A player recently who got a red before playing us midweek got it overturned and was able to play.
I forget who.
Spoiler alert…I may have just made that up.

I was just thinking the same while reading this thread.
So you better add me to the 'just made that up' list.
:grinning:

I was just thinking the same while reading this thread.
So you better add me to the 'just made that up' list.
:grinning:
Making things up, you? Shirley not!
Maybe it’s my age, or my unreliable memory.
As I was writing that I could recall so few details that I started to question whether it even happened at all.
Details like which player, which club, when, just weren’t there in my brain. So little was there that I felt like I may have imagined it all.😀😀😀😀

Can an appeal against a red card end up with a longer ban? Smallbone could easily have had his leg broken, the replay from behind shows it clearly.