Bid for a laugh & a meltdown?

Lionsteele

Corey Blackett-Taylor - out of contract in the summer with the trainspotters.

Would be worth it for the entertainment value alone.

Blackett-Taylor scored their first, but it’s worth watching the whole video just to see the spotters comical defending! 🤣

Oh, and every time Vale scored, they kept playing the ‘Glad all over’ Palace song over the tannoy, just to piss the spotters off even more and compound their miserable day! 🤣

Just thinking a 2 or 3 years contract is the norm. And this is a time when we have seen the edge that couple of younger players with pace can give us. We need to pick up players around 20 who will give longer service & give team consistency.

I am not saying we dont need older players. I am saying we need some pace & players who have 8 prime years ahead. Rather than getting in players for short the short term fixes.

Last edited:
Just thinking a 2 or 3 years contract is the norm. And this is a time when we have seen the edge that couple of younger players with pace can give us. We need to pick up players around 20 who will give longer service & give team consistency.

I am not saying we dont need older players. I am saying we need some pace & players who have 8 prime years ahead. Rather than getting in players for short the short term fixes.

Picking up players who are ready to go at 20 for the championship & that are cheap is very tough. Look at Esse & Emakhu, the latter only just started to get his chance.

Gotta take players on the cheap where you can in order to impact this season or next.

This!

Picking up players who are ready to go at 20 for the championship & that are cheap is very tough. Look at Esse & Emakhu, the latter only just started to get his chance.

Gotta take players on the cheap where you can in order to impact this season or next.

I’m sure there are players in league 1 who are in their early 20’s and have the pace and skill we need, and in Joe we have a head coach who we know can get the best out of these youngsters if they were to sign for us!

Another reason is that signing players in their early 20’s gives Joe the time to get them ready for the step up to the Championship as well as improving their all round play! If a player starts to play consistently well for us over a couple of seasons, he’s still going to be young enough to sell for a decent transfer fee (when bigger clubs with more cash come sniffing around), and hopefully when that happens we can add a nice hefty sell on clause to the sale as well.

This!

I’m sure there are players in league 1 who are in their early 20’s and have the pace and skill we need, and in Joe we have a head coach who we know can get the best out of these youngsters if they were to sign for us!

Another reason is that signing players in their early 20’s gives Joe the time to get them ready for the step up to the Championship as well as improving their all round play! If a player starts to play consistently well for us over a couple of seasons, he’s still going to be young enough to sell for a decent transfer fee (when bigger clubs with more cash come sniffing around), and hopefully when that happens we can add a nice hefty sell on clause to the sale as well.

Yes but I think we are forgetting a major factor here…. The cost! They would be a fortune from league one if they are under contract & preforming at a good level consistently.

Of course that’s ideal, but it’s not that easy or we’d be doing it.