Best goalkeeper in the world?

There seems to be some outrage in the papers that they aren’t selling the women’s goalkeepers kit but no one has mentioned they still haven’t got the Millwall goalkeepers kit in the club shop for my 5 year old grandson 😡
It's not cheap either is it! Cost me an arm and leg when my boy was younger and into the kits. A goalie too. Got him the keepers shirt then he sticks it on me for the training top :arrghh:

I'm sure when we was that age that the whole kit was sold at a fair price, Top, shorts and stockings. They don't do that anymore. I'm sure a pair of shorts for him was a score and the socks a cockle. Think the whole shamozzle set me back 70 notes and he grew out of it within two bloody months. Thankfully by the time he was 15 he lost interest in having a kit.

Reckon the club shops make a nice profit. Bulk bought from the manufacturer and sold on with a huge mark up.

It's not cheap either is it! Cost me an arm and leg when my boy was younger and into the kits. A goalie too. Got him the keepers shirt then he sticks it on me for the training top :arrghh:

I'm sure when we was that age that the whole kit was sold at a fair price, Top, shorts and stockings. They don't do that anymore. I'm sure a pair of shorts for him was a score and the socks a cockle. Think the whole shamozzle set me back 70 notes and he grew out of it within two bloody months. Thankfully by the time he was 15 he lost interest in having a kit.

Reckon the club shops make a nice profit. Bulk bought from the manufacturer and sold on with a huge mark up.
& I haven’t got the heart to tell him that he’s never going to be tall enough to play in goal

Just opened up the sports page and there were 6 articles out of 12 about in
justice in woman's football , not paid enough , he kissed her , we have to fight for everything , not enough woman coaches etc ,etc etc
let's be honest their game is 2nd rate is footballing terms , passion energy and will never be on par with the men's game , yes you get the odd good crowd but put them on the same day as the football league matches and then you will get a true reflection, the players seem.more interested in parity with the men , when you reach the standard of men's football in every respect then shout from the terraces for eqality and if you are good enough coach you would be employed by a professional club but again you have to earn it not given to you just because of your sex.....rant over got to go and put the washing on and Hoover before the wife comes home

& I haven’t got the heart to tell him that he’s never going to be tall enough to play in goal
Was a conversation i had to have with my boy. I was a decent keeper and coached my boy from a young age. He was very good and got scouted by Palace when he was ten. His mum got all carried away as did my boy. I told him that if he don't make a certain height it don't matter how good he is.

Didn't let him go to the trials anyway. He was north London based and Palace wanted him to train every evening over there way which was logistically impossible. As it happens he turned out to be 6ft 2 at he age of 16 but by then he'd become a black belt kick boxer and lost interest in playing in goal. He ended up managing his local under 12's team who won there league in his first season. Now an account in canary wharf and as a sideline teaches self defence on a private basis. :cool: