Best Ever Millwall Midfielders (cont.)

Cranham Lion

We had a debate about which midfielders would make the best ever Millwall team recently and I said that I couldn't split Rae or Cahill (to play with Hurlock obviously).

My brother just sent me this link to convince me that Rae should get the nod - enjoy!

In my opinion they were both mustard and Cahill’s goal got us to a Cup Final and Europe and he was much better in the air. I’ll probably be slated for this but in his early career I regarded Cahill as a goal hanging midfielder where as Rae was a more complete midfielder.

Playing 4-4-2 I would have Weller, Cahill, Rae and Gordon Hill.

Okay, no Hurlock or Briley but by God wouldn’t there be an avalanche of goals from them ? 👍

Loved Alex Rae. Who’s this geezer? First home game scored 2 and bossed it. Always gave 100%, had a good engine and could score from distance with either foot. A midfielder that could shoot.. now that’s an idea…

Loved Alex Rae. Who’s this geezer? First home game scored 2 and bossed it. Always gave 100%, had a good engine and could score from distance with either foot. A midfielder that could shoot.. now that’s an idea…
Alex Rae - The best Millwall central midfielder I’ve seen in the nearly 70 years I’ve watched the Lions 👍

Alex Rae - The best Millwall central midfielder I’ve seen in the nearly 70 years I’ve watched the Lions 👍
I agree with you, Purley, although I've only watched the last sixty years. He was magnificent and when he scored the winner against us at Wolverhampton, he didn't even celebrate. What a player.