Bart v Long

Lionwolf

I’ve said it before and got slagged off for it, but I think Long gives away a lot of goals, that Bart saves. Up there today and think he was at fault again, for 2 and possibly 3, bit p#ssed, I’ll wait for the replays. All I hear is his distribution is good, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him make a good save yet, which maybe why Hull released him as there 2nd string keeper. Bart would save some of the ones he’s letting in my opinion. Wrong keeper playing.

Barts age probably goes against him, 35 now, think Long has also kept more clean sheets. Rowett see's them in training so will be opting for Long for valid reasons. Think Long is probably more exposed with Cresswell in front of him and with no Hutchinson in the side. Can never agree with the arguement that another keeper would have saved it, same goes for a striker scoring when he's not on the pitch. Hindsight is wonderful.

Barts age probably goes against him, 35 now, think Long has also kept more clean sheets. Rowett see's them in training so will be opting for Long for valid reasons. Think Long is probably more exposed with Cresswell in front of him and with no Hutchinson in the side. Can never agree with the arguement that another keeper would have saved it, same goes for a striker scoring when he's not on the pitch. Hindsight is wonderful.
I think he’s given away 3, possibly 4 in the last two away games alone, in my opinion.

Start with Bart, if we are chasing the game bring on Long and stick Cooper up as a centre forward and go ‘Super Hoof’🦁

I think he’s given away 3, possibly 4 in the last two away games alone, in my opinion.
He has, we're much more vulnerable at the back when Cooper and Hutchinson aren't playing. If it's a confidence thing then you'd hope that Rowett gives him a rest.

Each game should be taken on its merits and that includes the goalkeeping position. I believe the wrong goalie today but you cannot deny long,s kicking is much better if we are going to play the hoof ball game

Each game should be taken on its merits and that includes the goalkeeping position. I believe the wrong goalie today but you cannot deny long,s kicking is much better if we are going to play the hoof ball game
Maybe that’s where it’s all going wrong?

With Long in the side, his better kicking is forcing the team to play hoof ball. Perhaps with Bart between the sticks, the ball can be played out from the back more, and slowly build momentum going forward through midfield.

Got to be a better bet than just slinging one up at a lone Bradshaw and hoping he can get on the end of it (which he rarely does.)

GR needs to persevere with Volkslammer up front in a two with Bradshaw. Had we played two up front today, we might have better converted one or two of the chances we had in that 1st half!

Bart is a goalkeeper who cannot control a ball with his feet.Long is a Footballer /Rugby player who can control and kick a ball.

Got to be a better bet than just slinging one up at a lone Bradshaw and hoping he can get on the end of it (which he rarely does.)

GR needs to persevere with Volkslammer up front in a two with Bradshaw. Had we played two up front today, we might have better converted one or two of the chances we had in that 1st half!
I know he divides opinion with us supporters, but i think we're missing Afobes presence.

I know he divides opinion with us supporters, but i think we're missing Afobes presence.
Yeah, but when Afobe is fit again, will GR pair him up with Bradshaw again, or stick him on the bench and just replace him when he subs Bradshaw (thereby still keeping only one up front?)

Hopefully the former, but I think it’s a bit worrying that GR has bought Voglsammer, knowing he’s a forward but instead of pairing him up with Bradshaw, sticks him out on the wing instead!

This is baffling to me, because Afobe only has a one year contract with us, and if it’s not renewed, will we only have Bradshaw and the lad from Shamrock Rovers to fall back on?

Voglsammer has scored quite a few goals in his native Germany, and though we don’t know how good the opposition was against him, he knows where the net is, given the right service! Unfortunately, playing up front and scoring goals is not necessarily going to happen over night, but persevering with him up front in a pairing will give him a better chance of that happening (as GR did with Flemming.)

Think our priority now is to find a good young goalkeeper there must be one or two playing in 1st or 2nd divisions could be tempted to step up a division. Bart is getting on and Long doesn’t give me any confidence. Weak from crosses and flaps a lot. His kicking may be good but pointless when he hoists long balls up to Bradshaw and Dutch and it comes straight back. If we can find a talent we could be a force in the Championship.

Think our priority now is to find a good young goalkeeper there must be one or two playing in 1st or 2nd divisions could be tempted to step up a division. Bart is getting on and Long doesn’t give me any confidence. Weak from crosses and flaps a lot. His kicking may be good but pointless when he hoists long balls up to Bradshaw and Dutch and it comes straight back. If we can find a talent we could be a force in the Championship.
Ryan Sandford seems to have been at the club for 20 years!!!

I think Bart is a better keeper but it looks as though he has got a dodgy back. Since last season he has regularly been stretching his back during the warm ups.
Sadly I think he is struggling physically.