Ballard has Knee Surgery

silverlion

Staff member
According to Rich Cawley of the SLP. Out for three months. A massive blow to us. He is a class player and will be sorely missed. It puts us in a difficult position as we now only have three fit CB’s at the club……..Hutch Cooper and Murray. If one of them picked up an injury, lost form or picked up five yellows then we are deep in the brown stuff. I am sure the club has known about this for a few days as there have been rumours floating about that he was crocked. The big question is what do we do about it.

The most obvious is to either recall Mitchell from his loan at Orient or Muller from his loan at St Johnstone. We can do neither at the moment as I am sure the recall clause does not kick in until January 1st. Leonard could be an option except he is crocked with a dodgy ankle and there is no news on when his scan will show the damage.

None of this looks good from our point of view and I await news on the OS about what their plans are.At this point they are not even reporting Ballard’s surgery!

Terrible news, and just bad luck for the boy, the supporters and the club!

Molly can fill in at left back if Murray slots into a centre half role. Molly isn’t great at defending, but he could be used there at a push, at least until January when Rowett might be able to recall Junior Tiensia, a natural left back, who could take over from him!

Sounds like Mahoney Leonard and now Ballard will be out injured for a while. With Cooper out of form heaven help us if Hutchison gets injured. Looks like Pearce might be more than a back up at least till transfer window opens in January

Time to play 4 4 2.. Cooper is bang out-of form so should stay benched. Like it or not we still have Pearce as well as back up, not ideal but he is a centre back...

Sounds like Mahoney Leonard and now Ballard will be out injured for a while. With Cooper out of form heaven help us if Hutchison gets injured. Looks like Pearce might be more than a back up at least till transfer window opens in January
Would you rather have Pearce there than Murray Wallace….?

NAD is also reporting that Leonard could be out for three months! I would suggest that we may recall both Muller and Mitchell.

I would recall Mitchell from Orient, he looks quite a player. We need to start using some of the talent we have nurtured in the U23s.

Don’t worry I’m sure Rowett has enough defenders in mind. He probably thinks we could do with another 3 of 4 anyway.

Never rains but it pours. Going into christmas new year period with league games and fa cup match against whoever this squad could be struggling

Id say we will be in the market to get another loan. None of our lads out on loan are ready for Championship. let them continue their full 12 months playing where they are to develop and push on for next year.

Fucking typical! Couldnt write the shit luck we get what with Leonard as well.

Only thing wrong with Mahoney is GR...does not want to play while GR is manager...too many broken promises

Shame for the boy Ballard, doubt we will see him in a wall shirt again unless he is loaned to us again next season. Leonard is one of the unluckiest players with injuries and it will take him time again after he has recovered to get his form back, if it does.

Oh well mid table finish on the cards.

Members online