Ballard game on

Would be if we were desperate for defenders, we need attackers and money for whatever wages they're on. Ballard isn't a priority, only a possibility once we've done our other business.
It's a tough one. Spending on attack may be the priority now. But Ballard is young and he could be a mainstay at the back for years. Yes, we've got enough cover at the back for now but Ballard looks like quality for the future.

We need another CB. Ballard is a proven C'ship player. He knows the club and the players. He is young with sell-on value. Even if Arsenal have a 50+% sell-on clause, we should be able to recoup any outlay in the future.

Unless his wage demands are extortionate, and assuming that the fee is +/-£2m, I can't see much down side to this.

Yes, that will have meant that we'd had spent +/-£4m on 2 players - unheard of for us - and we still need, at least, one forward, however, if you consider what £4m usually buys, I'd say it was money well spent.

We need another CB. Ballard is a proven C'ship player. He knows the club and the players. He is young with sell-on value. Even if Arsenal have a 50+% sell-on clause, we should be able to recoup any outlay in the future.

Unless his wage demands are extortionate, and assuming that the fee is +/-£2m, I can't see much down side to this.

Yes, that will have meant that we'd had spent +/-£4m on 2 players - unheard of for us - and we still need, at least, one forward, however, if you consider what £4m usually buys, I'd say it was money well spent.
Arsenal are taking the p....there are so many add ons and additions to the deal that our money better spent elsewhere.....why do yiu think Burnley pulled the plug. Agree his worth will increase but if we do not benefit from that .....no thanks

Not sure at all about paying £2m plus wages on him.
As with the new geezer the layout is only a part of the all round cost. Two million fee plus wages, plus bonuses, liability cover etc soon turns into £4-£5 million over period of time. As for the idea that we're investing in a sellable asset, we're not, it's purely a gamble. Players are often encouraged by agents to run down thier contracts cause the signing on fee's for free agents often outweigh any cut of a transfer fee.

Members online