Away fans at The Den

The board are only interested in one thing ....Money and giving the whole end to away fans fits that criteria , uninterested in home fans unless the dodgy steward can Nick a few , sick of sitting next to foreigners searching for their seats and wearing scarfs , we want to become a "nice family club" at the expense of the proper wall fans....this club is slowly losing its identity both on & off the pitch, a great round of applause to the board

The club should go back to giving away fans the top tier only, keep the first couple of rows clear and put netting extended out at the front of the top tier like at many other grounds.

Then install safe standing in the bottom tier and encourage young fans who are more likely to create an atmosphere in there with reasonably priced season tickets instead of allowing and encouraging the stasi stewards and old bill to victimise and bully young lads who only want to go football with their mates and have a bit of a crack.

Hopefully this would go some way to reclaiming The Den as our home instead of the ridiculous situation we have now where fans of clubs that were too scared to even come to Millwall in the past turning up take the piss and making it a virtual home game for their teams.

In a season or two the FFP is changing and it is reported we will only be allowed to spend 70% of income on wages.
With Kavanagh on the EFL board it might not be coincidence that we started opening up both tiers soon after this was first being discussed as we are currently spending 110%.

There could be 8,000 away fans but hardly any club has fans making a noise when they are 2-0 down, there was no problem with atmosphere when Norwich visited at Xmas because the players gave us something to shout about.

In a season or two the FFP is changing and it is reported we will only be allowed to spend 70% of income on wages.
With Kavanagh on the EFL board it might not be coincidence that we started opening up both tiers soon after this was first being discussed as we are currently spending 110%.

There could be 8,000 away fans but hardly any club has fans making a noise when they are 2-0 down, there was no problem with atmosphere when Norwich visited at Xmas because the players gave us something to shout about.
Agreed. It's been very hard to get passionate about wall's performances for some time. It's not just about losing, it's the lack of enthusiasm on the park. Much of the time I just sit there feeling gutted, in no mood to sing.

Funny enough, it got me thinking yesterday about Sheffield Wednesday, they always turned up at the old den ( on coaches normally ) they always took an hiding but still came like Cardiff did 73/78 ish, one game in particular (76 🤔) a rumour went round that they were coming down firm handed and as per usual our welcoming committee were waiting only to happy to greet them.
We boarded the tube at shadwell that morning bound for New Cross gate with a fat bod that regularly stood behind the goal in the CBL stepping on at wapping, anyone that knew this fella ( Johnny Bearman) knew he was the biggest bullshitter on earth, sitting there pointing to his wireless he announced “ just been on the news, there’s thousands of Sheffield Wednesday that have took over the west end, all on their way here soon” 🤔 we just grinned knowing he was talking bollocks as per.
The den that day was full of the usual suspects, middle of the ilderton road terrace, corner by the half way line, Jews hill all full of walls finest ( Tiny R.I.P dressed in a safari jacket as cool as ever) .As the coaches entered the car park ( 5 in total 🤔) Millwall were on the move preparing for their entry, and like a script the chant went up “ the Wednesday, the Wednesday” as they approached the turnstiles with the attack coming from the Jews hill battalion regiment, then as the unscathed ones entered they lasted about a minute before being clumped, some sparked out others transferring into the seats some going on the pitch ..nowadays it’s cowards way and verbal, nothing like it was sadly .
Jews hill battalion….. love that 😂😂😂😂

I agree O.P

Although I don't mind sheff wed. Sheffield folk seem sound as fuck unlike them lefty scruffs up the road (Barnsley).

The board are only interested in one thing ....Money and giving the whole end to away fans fits that criteria , uninterested in home fans unless the dodgy steward can Nick a few , sick of sitting next to foreigners searching for their seats and wearing scarfs , we want to become a "nice family club" at the expense of the proper wall fans....this club is slowly losing its identity both on & off the pitch, a great round of applause to the board
As you say the board are only interested in one thing, money……strange thing is, their sanitisation of the club, trying to make us less like Millwall and taking away any advantages we have looks like it might ultimately be costing them millions if we drop down a division.

We got to stop this bollocks of giving away fans a whole fucking stand, it has turned every game into a home match for any side with a decent following. No other club in the division I can think of gives an away club such a big end to fill.

You can say it brings in revenue but at what cost? Every single decent Millwall side and memorable victory we’ve had was built upon one thing, the away side being intimidated and hating every minute. Playing at Millwall these days is the easiest day out in the country, it’s a fucking joke. I’m sick of seeing away teams fans, players and managers taking the utter piss every other week on our patch. Stick the cunts back up in the top tier and find a way of getting Wall fans in the lower.
Its money for the club. If you have a problem sing louder.

Far too comfortable for away support for my liking, cowards way now gives youngsters to get lairy on the walkway/bridge.
Connect the North stand to the corners of the Dockers/Kitchener and make it passable for more lively get together..Oh and youngsters making those cringey 'chaos and limbs' vlogs, embarrassing.
That limbs bollocks is pathetic
Bit like the Barcelona fans last night at Napoli with their half and half scarves , the worst

Its money for the club. If you have a problem sing louder.

Yes because we’re really seeing the benefit of that extra revenue aren’t we when we are 4 nil down at home and the away side have got a entire fucking stand to themselves treating it like a jolly up. We are getting pissed on and mugged off every other week but never mind at least you are ok with it.

Yes because we’re really seeing the benefit of that extra revenue aren’t we when we are 4 nil down at home and the away side have got a entire fucking stand to themselves treating it like a jolly up. We are getting pissed on and mugged off every other week but never mind at least you are ok with it.
Isn't it the least bad solution. Believe there are 'rules' on away fans allocation. Plod of course need to justify their overtime in each clubs case. Then equality: Southampton allocate 2,759 to us and we offer them the same. Etc.

Isn't it the least bad solution. Believe there are 'rules' on away fans allocation. Plod of course need to justify their overtime in each clubs case. Then equality: Southampton allocate 2,759 to us and we offer them the same. Etc.

Southamptons ground holds over 30 thousand though, significantly more than ours, so it’s not proportionate really. This is my point. We might get an 2K plus allocation in some places (even though you can count on one hand the amount of times a season we actually take that anywhere) but that’s usually in stadiums much bigger than ours.

I liked the old days of welcome to hell
Waiting outside newcross station before and chasing um out the ground b4 kickoff the real welcome to millwall