Aston Villa away Dec 2017

champs08

Sat in a exec box that we all gifted to my mate who's a Villa fan. Ironically, I was travelling across but he was travelling up from London with his family. What a great day out, but what a great performance. Our fans were in great voice, as was my son, old man and me, much to the annoyance of the Villa fans below the box.

I remember AOB tearing them a new one for 90 minutes, Jed causing problems every time he had the ball, Gregory Sublime and Morison going close. It was a performance to be proud of.

The point of my post, was to point out that as we left to boxes the Villa fans were congratulating us on what a team we were and how they had to emulate what we do in the championship - get at teams and be brave. A certain Grealish couldn't even making their starting line up and when he did come on for half an hour - was contained by an unforgiving Hutch and Coops.

Where did it all go wrong? We took the game to a premiership team and dominated the game. Today we go to an average Cardiff and look even worse than them.

We have gone backwards in 3-4 years in my opinion. Similar players (arguably better on paper), much worse tactics.

Sat in a exec box that we all gifted to my mate who's a Villa fan. Ironically, I was travelling across but he was travelling up from London with his family. What a great day out, but what a great performance. Our fans were in great voice, as was my son, old man and me, much to the annoyance of the Villa fans below the box.

I remember AOB tearing them a new one for 90 minutes, Jed causing problems every time he had the ball, Gregory Sublime and Morison going close. It was a performance to be proud of.

The point of my post, was to point out that as we left to boxes the Villa fans were congratulating us on what a team we were and how they had to emulate what we do in the championship - get at teams and be brave. A certain Grealish couldn't even making their starting line up and when he did come on for half an hour - was contained by an unforgiving Hutch and Coops.

Where did it all go wrong? We took the game to a premiership team and dominated the game. Today we go to an average Cardiff and look even worse than them.

We have gone backwards in 3-4 years in my opinion. Similar players (arguably better on paper), much worse tactics.
Even Bruce acknowledged the performance 👍😉
Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce told BBC WM:

"I have to be honest, it was a struggle against a very decent Millwall side who put us under pressure. We'll take a point.

"We didn't have enough control and found it difficult. We have to play better than that.

"Sam Johnstone was easily our best player and he had to be but I'm really disappointed with how we played today.

"We gave it away too often and we looked sloppy and lethargic. There's no excuses for that. Overall I got it wrong with my changes."

Even Bruce acknowledged the performance 👍😉
Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce told BBC WM:

"I have to be honest, it was a struggle against a very decent Millwall side who put us under pressure. We'll take a point.

"We didn't have enough control and found it difficult. We have to play better than that.

"Sam Johnstone was easily our best player and he had to be but I'm really disappointed with how we played today.

"We gave it away too often and we looked sloppy and lethargic. There's no excuses for that. Overall I got it wrong with my changes."
And how we miss a player like Morrison!