Any Service or ex Service men and women amongst us....

Brothers off to Royal Albert Hall tomorrow, relieved a notification to keep his Falklands medals low key when travelling,absoubltly disgusting!

Brothers off to Royal Albert Hall tomorrow, relieved a notification to keep his Falklands medals low key when travelling,absoubltly disgusting!
How sad is this. Absolutely appalling.

I know it’s completely irrational but on taking a tangent, I can’t stand it when I see kids wearing Argentina shirts with Messi on the back. Even worst when I see adults wearing one.

My boy wanted one a few years back and I told him no way. I could just about accept Messi on the back of a Barcelona shirt, but I would never buy an Argentinian one. Childish I know but I just could not bring myself to do it.

(In the end my boy decided he didn’t want either)

Bootnecks.
I was in Deal, when their barracks were bombed. Was best pals with the Colour Sergeant who was 1st on scene, pulling the poor fuckers out.
Doc - I get your sentiment. Kids OK. Adults No. (apart from the fact that no adult should wear a replica kit anyway).
Corby - That's what hits me most, my friend. I wish we were 1/2 as patriotic as the Americans.
This may well be, a defining weekend in our history.
Saw a pic of lads in a trench. "They'll be burning the flag in 100 years..etc. Go on lads, over the top".
As long as we have a month dedicated to others, surely WE can have a day. After all, where would they be now, without what we did?

I tend to just wear a 42 Commando pin badge "in public". On occasions I will wear "what I earned". I'll never be told otherwise. Worst I saw was when I wore my 42 Gibraltar t shirt in what I quickly found to be a Celtic pub. World War fuckin 3 incurred! "You may remember" Canvey was with me. He went SBS. Imagine if they'd found out I'm Jewish???? Haha.

Was at a "private" gathering yesterday to remember fallen colleagues.
Unfortunately, we're still in the situation over here where none of us attending could be 100% secure in travelling to the location wearing our old berets and medals.
It was quite poignant to watch some very proud old men in their 80's having younger colleagues help them with their headwear and medal racks before the service, and a sad reflection that, because of the actions of some, a few veterans don't feel comfortable being able to display symbols they should rightly be proud to.

Was at a "private" gathering yesterday to remember fallen colleagues.
Unfortunately, we're still in the situation over here where none of us attending could be 100% secure in travelling to the location wearing our old berets and medals.
It was quite poignant to watch some very proud old men in their 80's having younger colleagues help them with their headwear and medal racks before the service, and a sad reflection that, because of the actions of some, a few veterans don't feel comfortable being able to display symbols they should rightly be proud to.
Whilst it isn't right the most important thing is everyone got to wear them amongst their own and quite rightly have a sense of pride that not all of us get to have.

Where did you get a veterans beanie hat twigster ? You should be proud to wear it and it’s a pity that the country is not more patriotic like the lads on here.
A company called the rats locker, think they just do Royal Navy and Marines though.