Any memory's story's Playing Wigan

wellerwasbest

Down the years that stand out ?

Not a club we played that much are they until more recent decades
Turned us over far to many times aint they mainly in bigger games
Play off and fac up Semis and of course the Wembley Final game

Find them irritating tbh now, they seem like the Norwich of the next level down , cant seem to stay in the championship bouncing up and down from this league to the 1st Div, Like Rotherham and Barnsley even the names are dull ha

Won the Cup at wembley with a dodgy hand ball goal , mind at least saved us another 30 minutes, great outside the stadium and the concourse but it was a very poor game wasnt it
The other Wembley encounter was not great was it, pissed down all day and lost , tbf they had one or two decent players
The highlight of the day was just to my left with the punch up ha, all sorts were going on
At least that was fairly entertaining
Went with a couple of other bods and one of em had his tart with him, fking never again i vowed to go with them she never stopped moaning from the start of the day to the end The train, the weather, the food, the wet seat, the walk to the stadium , You know the type

The 3 3 after being 0-3 down was this denzils debut home ?

Away i have been 3 times won at the old place 1-0 Shaw with the goal ?

Also went cant think of the year but if anyone else was at the game they will know what i was on about, we stayed right next to the Wigan Rugby ground and the place was full of medals, the owners daughter was a olympic, commonwealth swimmer silver i think it was medallist
Being sports fans we showed interest and he told us then every time we see him "that it would have been gold if it had not been for them cheating drug ridden pumped up Russian "women"
Anyway for some reason their was loads of Police and lots of Wigan fans about all down the side streets following the wall fans around , i had heard that earlier in the day their had been a fair bit of trouble in the town centre
Think it was 0-0 . near the end of the season

The other game, Yes sorry to mention it was the play off at their new place, after a boring 0-0 draw at the Den 1st leg millwall as you know went down 0 1 from a shot from a free kick that went under Livermores foot and in past Denzil, John sheridans brother with the goal
Millwall played well in parts and should have maybe got the result recall Cahill going close with headers and a few other half chances,

Again recall more of the off field stuff, as many may remember it was one of Theos freebies on the coaches , first and only time i have travelled on a double decker . Lottery Larry being the chief organiser.
Got their with about 5 mins to go for kick off , driver took a wrong turning or something
For some reason the plod were throwing all sorts with their truncheons and got mixed up with it , had kids with us in the group

So no food no programme straight into the ground
I noted the small river by the ground as we went in, one of the boys after the game ended up with his feet in it ha, again big melee as all sorts were going on. "James" i can hear his dad now as he stumbled and was near the water, sounds funny but wasnt at the time
Being a evening game was very dark as well

after the game wigan fans got on the pitch and headed to the wall fans in the seats making all sorts of shapes with their arms , looking at em it was mainly kids and the police grouped em up
Then as above we had the delights of the police fighting with the wall fans on horse back as we came out right alongside the river

Even the journey back was eventful, the coaches stopped at a service station and one of the shops inside a clothes shop with stuff out side on rails was i think the term is "steamed"
I have heard some shirts and other clobber was changing hands for a few quid on one coach as we headed back, not the one i was on i might add

i think wigan having something to play for still might just work in our favour in a funny sort of way
Nice wet surface will be handy as well, move the ball quicker
I take it its been raining in Wigan

Was it Wigan away years ago when Everton had a game called off. We were in the main stand under their seats and had the windows of the bus back to the station put out by little scallys. Sure it was Wigan.

Don't remember the result, but pound to a piece of shit it was 1-0 to them.

Shithole and 2 Bob club.

Was it Wigan away years ago when Everton had a game called off. We were in the main stand under their seats and had the windows of the bus back to the station put out by little scallys. Sure it was Wigan.

Don't remember the result, but pound to a piece of shit it was 1-0 to them.

Shithole and 2 Bob club.
Or was that Tranmere?

Decent punch up with them years ago at there's. Fairly sure they had some Mancs with them that day. Bit of windmilling after the auto windscreens thingy on wembley way which was fun.

Down the years that stand out ?

Not a club we played that much are they until more recent decades
Turned us over far to many times aint they mainly in bigger games
Play off and fac up Semis and of course the Wembley Final game

Find them irritating tbh now, they seem like the Norwich of the next level down , cant seem to stay in the championship bouncing up and down from this league to the 1st Div, Like Rotherham and Barnsley even the names are dull ha

Won the Cup at wembley with a dodgy hand ball goal , mind at least saved us another 30 minutes, great outside the stadium and the concourse but it was a very poor game wasnt it
The other Wembley encounter was not great was it, pissed down all day and lost , tbf they had one or two decent players
The highlight of the day was just to my left with the punch up ha, all sorts were going on
At least that was fairly entertaining
Went with a couple of other bods and one of em had his tart with him, fking never again i vowed to go with them she never stopped moaning from the start of the day to the end The train, the weather, the food, the wet seat, the walk to the stadium , You know the type

The 3 3 after being 0-3 down was this denzils debut home ?

Away i have been 3 times won at the old place 1-0 Shaw with the goal ?

Also went cant think of the year but if anyone else was at the game they will know what i was on about, we stayed right next to the Wigan Rugby ground and the place was full of medals, the owners daughter was a olympic, commonwealth swimmer silver i think it was medallist
Being sports fans we showed interest and he told us then every time we see him "that it would have been gold if it had not been for them cheating drug ridden pumped up Russian "women"
Anyway for some reason their was loads of Police and lots of Wigan fans about all down the side streets following the wall fans around , i had heard that earlier in the day their had been a fair bit of trouble in the town centre
Think it was 0-0 . near the end of the season

The other game, Yes sorry to mention it was the play off at their new place, after a boring 0-0 draw at the Den 1st leg millwall as you know went down 0 1 from a shot from a free kick that went under Livermores foot and in past Denzil, John sheridans brother with the goal
Millwall played well in parts and should have maybe got the result recall Cahill going close with headers and a few other half chances,

Again recall more of the off field stuff, as many may remember it was one of Theos freebies on the coaches , first and only time i have travelled on a double decker . Lottery Larry being the chief organiser.
Got their with about 5 mins to go for kick off , driver took a wrong turning or something
For some reason the plod were throwing all sorts with their truncheons and got mixed up with it , had kids with us in the group

So no food no programme straight into the ground
I noted the small river by the ground as we went in, one of the boys after the game ended up with his feet in it ha, again big melee as all sorts were going on. "James" i can hear his dad now as he stumbled and was near the water, sounds funny but wasnt at the time
Being a evening game was very dark as well

after the game wigan fans got on the pitch and headed to the wall fans in the seats making all sorts of shapes with their arms , looking at em it was mainly kids and the police grouped em up
Then as above we had the delights of the police fighting with the wall fans on horse back as we came out right alongside the river

Even the journey back was eventful, the coaches stopped at a service station and one of the shops inside a clothes shop with stuff out side on rails was i think the term is "steamed"
I have heard some shirts and other clobber was changing hands for a few quid on one coach as we headed back, not the one i was on i might add

i think wigan having something to play for still might just work in our favour in a funny sort of way
Nice wet surface will be handy as well, move the ball quicker
I take it its been raining in Wigan
No its dry and mild up here Weller.
Staying till Sunday in a hotel.
Let's hope we can send them down.

I had to turn sideways to squeeze between two police horses charging at us. Felt like being in the Ben Hur chariot race. Managed to find a way through the police shield wall towards my car. Some of the worst policing I’ve ever seen.

Heard a copper got accidentally thrown in the river, which was a shame.

Last edited:
I had to turn sideways to squeeze between two police horses charging at us. Felt like being in the Ben Hur chariot race. Managed to find a way through the police shield wall towards my car. Some of the worst policing I’ve ever seen.

Heard a copper got accidentally thrown in the river, which was shame.
One of the old bill was whacked off his horse and about 5 or 6 Wall just dived on him and gave him some of their own medicine. That night was murder, the old bill were dishing it out to everyone including the elderly fans while stones and rocks were landing on us in the pitch black. We bloody lost the play off as well.

Or was that Tranmere?

Think that was Tranmere. I’ve been present three times when Everton have turned up, Chester, Newport and Tranmere.
They also tried it on at Sheffield station one year, a night game. They was at one of the Sheffields we was away at Rotherham.