Any Argyle fans looking in please read.

Edward Alistair

I’m hoping that an Argyle fan will take a look at this and kindly copy it then post it on any Argyle fans forum they can.

Around 2.40 on Saturday there is to be a presentation to Roy Larner who finally gets recognition of his brave act back in 2017.

Sadly the presentation can’t be done just before the kick off when everyone would be in their seat so I’m asking those in the away end if they could come up from the concourse for a couple of minutes and show their appreciation to a fellow football fan.

In case you have forgotten who Roy is-

The Millwall fan who fought off knife-wielding terrorists during the 2017 London Bridge Attack will get a bravery medal, it was announced in May.

Roy Larner famously roared “f*ck you I’m Millwall” while throwing haymakers at three steroid-using jihadis wearing fake suicide belts.

Despite almost dying from stab wounds sustained while protecting people in the Black & Blue bar, Roy’s courage never received official commendation.

‘The Lion of London Bridge’ will receive the Royal Humane Society Silver Award in May 2024 – a prestigious honour personally approved by Princess Alexandra.

I hope all Argyle fans have an enjoyable day out in SE16 and travel safely.

I'll be there early and fair play to the Plymouth fella.

Reading their site though is quite embarrassing. People saying keep colours covered around LB and recounting 'memories' of skinhead NF sellers at the ground in the '80's. Reckon they must have us mixed up with Chelsea.

LB (and the trains to South Bermondsey) are full of away fans coloured up, it's a pain in the arse to be fair. Add to that we are safe and most of us would rather see Plymouth stay up and their paranoia seems a bit over the top.

(Although we do eat babies)

It makes sence for all fans of any club not to wear colours on match days around LB. Lots of fans passing through and it only takes one idiot to kick off.

Just risk management really. Got no beef with plymouth and looking forward to a stress free game. Apart from the bell ends that will go on the pitch at the end. COYL

Well played, they got the message…

They need to read the London Bridge thread, Someone on their site said wear colours. Anyone wearing colours at LB is nuts. So many teams transit through there. Not that I ever wear them. Just asking for a sly right hander from some wanna be.

They need to read the London Bridge thread, Someone on their site said wear colours. Anyone wearing colours at LB is nuts. So many teams transit through there. Not that I ever wear them. Just asking for a sly right hander from some wanna be.
Remember seeing one firm at LB, about 50-handed, tight as you want, moving with intent like some Roman army. Never worked out who they were or where they were headed. Never seen anything like it before or since. That train to SB I sometimes get questioned by wall thinking I'm oppo. No idea why😂

I'll be there early and fair play to the Plymouth fella.

Reading their site though is quite embarrassing. People saying keep colours covered around LB and recounting 'memories' of skinhead NF sellers at the ground in the '80's. Reckon they must have us mixed up with Chelsea.

LB (and the trains to South Bermondsey) are full of away fans coloured up, it's a pain in the arse to be fair. Add to that we are safe and most of us would rather see Plymouth stay up and their paranoia seems a bit over the top.

(Although we do eat babies)
Thought the same when I read that. Doubt the likes of Tiny and his lot and also the bushwakers, half of who (the main faces anyway) were either black, mixed race or Turkish, would have accepted the NF selling their rag outside the old Den. I remember hearing they tried it very briefly back in the day and got chased off.

Last edited:
LB is safe as houses these days for away fans. So many cameras in the area now any one out for trouble avoids it like the plague

Thought the same when I read that. Doubt the likes of Tiny and his lot and also the bushwakers, half of who (the main faces anyway) were either black, mixed race or Turkish, would have accepted the NF selling their rag outside the old Den. I remember hearing they tried it very briefly back in the day and got chased off.
This is the rest of it and makes interesting reading.
Millwall
Official website
The Den ground guide
North Stand Banter fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

Check out car parking around the stadium with our partner ... Just Park.

The 2,000 ticket allocation for Argyle fans has sold out with no more tickets going on sale ... club website.

Thursday

Match preview ... Sports Mole.

The match is now also sold out for Millwall fans.

According to Sky Bet Millwall are favourites to win at 21/20, an Argyle win has odds of 13/5 while the draw is on offer at 12/5.

Wednesday

Referee

Andy Davies is the whistleblower for the game, so far this season he has issued 89 yellow cards and one red in 23 games.
He will be assisted on Saturday by Graham Kane and Adam Crysell while Tom Nield is the fourth official.
Kane was the linesman who was involved in the controversial goal scored by Coventry City against Argyle in November while Davies was the referee for that game.

They Played For Both
Jimmy Abdou, Kenny Brown, Joe Bryan, David Byrne, Nick Chadwick, Paul Connolly, Paris Cowan-Hall, Steve Crawford, Rab Douglas, Jermaine Easter, Barry Hayles, Ryan Leonard, Lee Martin, Karleigh Osborne, Vincent Pericard, Lee Power, Jason Puncheon, Darren Purse, Danis Salman, Lindsay Smith, Graham Stack, Greg Wylde, Chris Zebroski. Any more?

Away fans pubs
All local pubs near the stadium are home supporters only and it is recommended that Argyle fans do not attempt to gain entry.
Most away supporters travelling by train will stop off somewhere around London Bridge, though it is still advised to keep club colours covered up. The Shipwrights Arms (SE1 2TF), The Pomellers’ Rest (SE1 2UN), and The George Inn (SE1 1NH) are among some of the recommended pubs in that area.

Travel and parking
SE16 3LN.
Those driving should be aware of the long-term roadworks that are continuing to cause disruption on the A12. It is also important to note that The Den is located within the new Greater London ULEZ zone, and it is worth making sure you check whether your vehicle meets the requirements ... check here.
There are no official Club provided car parking facilities.

Millwall tactical analysis Whoscored.com
Strengths
Attacking set pieces.
Stealing the ball from the opposition.
Shooting from direct free kicks.
Aerial duels.
Weaknesses
Finishing scoring chances.
Keeping possession of the ball.
Avoiding fouling in dangerous areas.
Style of play
Take a lot of shots.
Long balls.
Attempt crosses often.
Attacking down the right.
Aggressive.

Millwall recent results
Screenshot_20240423_201904_FotMob.jpg

Yep. Peckham Wackers were mainly sons of west indians, Turks, Cypriots, Irish, Scots and English. Our sons and grandsons carry that on to this day. You may have been with us when we went on a mission in Birmingham and there OB see us and laughed- Fuck me the cockney's have got more blacks than the Zulus :)

They Played For Both
Jimmy Abdou, Kenny Brown, Joe Bryan, David Byrne, Nick Chadwick, Paul Connolly, Paris Cowan-Hall, Steve Crawford, Rab Douglas, Jermaine Easter, Barry Hayles, Ryan Leonard, Lee Martin, Karleigh Osborne, Vincent Pericard, Lee Power, Jason Puncheon, Darren Purse, Danis Salman, Lindsay Smith, Graham Stack, Greg Wylde, Chris Zebroski. Any more?
Some of the names on here I'd completed forgot about!

Chris Zebroski, use to like him as a player growing up. Darren Purse, Pericard, Osbourne (Wasn't given much of a chance IMO). Time flies.

Wonder what happened to Greg Wylde. Was suppose to be quite tasty when he arrived. A NH signing if I'm not wrong?

+
Remember seeing one firm at LB, about 50-handed, tight as you want, moving with intent like some Roman army. Never worked out who they were or where they were headed. Never seen anything like it before or since. That train to SB I sometimes get questioned by wall thinking I'm oppo. No idea why😂
Because you are walking through the carriages singing whilst holding out your cap!

Yep. Peckham Wackers were mainly sons of west indians, Turks, Cypriots, Irish, Scots and English. Our sons and grandsons carry that on to this day. You may have been with us when we went on a mission in Birmingham and there OB see us and laughed- Fuck me the cockney's have got more blacks than the Zulus :)

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: