Another Rowett thread.

He’s a stubborn fucker as we know with his stance on team selection and tactics. But the geezer has some balls and I still believe he will turn it around .......
Exactly that, fair play for giving it back, What would you or any wall fan do? The same I'd hope. Rather that attitude than hide in the dugout like Holloway. Now that prick really took the piss out of the support and deserved every thing he got and would still get.

Well said PL.......... he most certainly has enough in the bank, in my opinion, and for all of the reasons that you mentioned.
We are not spotters,
We are not Nigel’s
Or weeds, or vermin.

So many clubs in the country are like each other.
But not one is like us. After the emotion of last weekend, I am now expecting a great atmosphere on Saturday.

Get in there you lions ........

Two spot on posts in one thread @Peckham Lion you are spoiling us!.

I want GR to succeed for many of the reasons you have stated, that's only going to come from GR himself and the players having belief in him, the only way that is going to happen is a change of mindeset.

As for the Stoke game, if it ain't going well, there will be some drips joining in with the Stoke lot by chanting what the Norwich lot did and then the atmosphere will turn toxic, possibly Wall v Wall!...Got to stick together.Simple.

He has more than enough in the bank to warrant our continued support
He has mate. He must be doing domething right cause our crowds are well up in numbers. He's stopped us from being relegation fodder to a team that can hold it's own and flirts with the top six. I'd be happy with that all things considered and knowing our propensity to fuck things up.

As i said- incremental- bit by bit. Problem is and it's a way of the world now but everything must happen NOW. No thought for lets cement our place around the top eight and at some point try the next step when we're equipped to do so. Nah fuck that, send out a team with weaknesses and shortcomings and fucking go for it.

That attitude always reminds of the loon in the bookies that's just done a monkey on the last six races Had one win which is all your due but he keeps on peeling off those notes and gambling in hope rather than knowledge or expectancy cause one in six has come in. He doesn't understand or want to accept that you can't win all the time.

He'll leave the bookies skint whilst he blames the horse, jockey, trainer, weather and call it a fix rather than admit that it's just a game of chance with many variables and reasons why he won't win. Most of those reasons are staring him in the face but he's either to stupid and or stubborn to see them.

Hope the wanker sitting behind me in block 2 last Saturday as read this 😀
Understand if you don't want to say but what row are you in? I sat in there for years around 10 rows from the front but knocked it on the head cause of strings having meltdowns and being complete doom merchants. It sucks the life out of you after a while.

Get all G'd up for meeting your pals and going to the den.Happy and positive Make you way to your say, handshakes and hello's. Few minutes into the game Derek the depressant starts. We're gonna lose, your shit cooper, fuck off Flemming, we're shit, Rowett your a cunt, and on it goes.

Fuck putting up with that for 90 minutes every fortnight.

He has mate. He must be doing domething right cause our crowds are well up in numbers. He's stopped us from being relegation fodder to a team that can hold it's own and flirts with the top six. I'd be happy with that all things considered and knowing our propensity to fuck things up.

As i said- incremental- bit by bit. Problem is and it's a way of the world now but everything must happen NOW. No thought for lets cement our place around the top eight and at some point try the next step when we're equipped to do so. Nah fuck that, send out a team with weaknesses and shortcomings and fucking go for it.

That attitude always reminds of the loon in the bookies that's just done a monkey on the last six races Had one win which is all your due but he keeps on peeling off those notes and gambling in hope rather than knowledge or expectancy cause one in six has come in. He doesn't understand or want to accept that you can't win all the time.

He'll leave the bookies skint whilst he blames the horse, jockey, trainer, weather and call it a fix rather than admit that it's just a game of chance with many variables and reasons why he won't win. Most of those reasons are staring him in the face but he's either to stupid and or stubborn to see them.
Does he post on here most days ?
Might explain a lot

Understand if you don't want to say but what row are you in? I sat in there for years around 10 rows from the front but knocked it on the head cause of strings having meltdowns and being complete doom merchants. It sucks the life out of you after a while.

Get all G'd up for meeting your pals and going to the den.Happy and positive Make you way to your say, handshakes and hello's. Few minutes into the game Derek the depressant starts. We're gonna lose, your shit cooper, fuck off Flemming, we're shit, Rowett your a cunt, and on it goes.

Fuck putting up with that for 90 minutes every fortnight.
Row c mate

Fans are divided and well within their right to be concerned/ worried and a bit pissed off. Saying that we are only three games in and have the point that most would have expected at this point. I douubt many thought we'd win at Boro, Norwich was a free hit and concluded with our usual defeat. We probably expected three points from Bristol but failed dismally but we still have the points most would have settled for out of those three games. So nothing lost as of yet. Norwich- there was a few signs that we're trying although not the whole team.

Now onto the focus off all our debate-the manager. Hasn't got off to a flyer, hasn't settled for his best team yet and is asking them to play with the handbrake on at times. Perhaps he's trying to work it all out and is struggling a bit. Perhaps there are players that ain't happy or comfortable. This football managers is easy when we're sat at home and not under pressure.

Now is the time we need to get behind the team a manager that has proven his worth since he turned up at the Den. Four top half finishes. Improving each season since his arrival. Eleventh, ninth, eighth, seven last year and 45 minutes away from an extended season in the play offs. He came as an outsider, an ex Charlton player with zero ties to us. He changed the whole attitude within the club and gave us a competetive team, one that wasn't far from relegation fodder when he arrived.

Slowly he has brought in players that are much better than what he inherited. So one reason why i think he should be given time and our support is right there in front of us all- He's more than capable of getting the best out of a team. We just need to trust him and be patient. The Norwich game isn't what neither he or the players should be judged on.

Pre season was no normal pre season. Our club was rocked by the most devestating news we could have imagined. Rowett has had to deal with the press, grieving players, work mates and us the fans. All whilst trying to prepare a team with new additions that need to bed in. He's had a club sniffing around our prized assest. Clubs hiking up prices on potential signings cause of the Flemming issue. I think we need to cut him some slack. If it is the end of the road for him we'll find out soon enough. We have a whole season in front of us, we're not cast adrift and doomed.

The main reason for this post and why i think we should trust him, get behind him and believing in him is because he has done that with us. He stood up and staunchly defended and backed us over the knee rubbish. He went against the grain and spoke out against sky and other set ups that wanted to ruin us. An outsider, a man putting his neck on the line to defend us when evryone else wanted a piece of us. He has also spoken highly of what we as a fanbase do for our own and within the community. I can tell you that he was taken aback by our passion for our club and the tireless and unselfish contributions and actions that we display for our armed forces and people less well off. He has really taken to us and is probabaly hurting too! And finally, he stood up and helped lead us and his players through one of the toughest if not toughest moments in our recent history. The loss of his boss and friend, our leader and chairman Mr Berylson.

For the reasons set out above i think we need to get back to what we do best- Support the team both verbally and by keeping the faith. As it is we are doing more harm tha good. It's not what Mr Berylson would have wanted. He fell in love with Millwall for a reason. We need to display and practice those traits and actions that he fell in love with. If we continue to turn on each other and the manager it will only end one way.

Lets all pull together and do ourselves, our team and the Berylson family proud. JB never gave up on us, he trusted and believed in us, he defended us as has Rowett.

Lets give a bit back and leave the abuse and cuntings for the oppo and officials

Keep the faith

We fear no foe,
Well said mate, great post.

Definitely behind the team no question, but 3 shots at goal in over 3 hours of football bares down on my optimism.
I think we can safely assume that GR is well aware of that and endeavouring to sort that out but what he doesn't need is people calling for his resignation (especially when it is uncalled for!)

Imagine those who are calling for his head were getting the same treatment at where THEY work... do you think that will help them be more productive or do you think it would affect their performance... "positivity" and "motivation" are key elements wherever we work to get better results, whether it be on the football pitch or in the office.

Those who think berating the manager to help him get results, are deluded and self centered and need to think about what's going on in their own lives first as something is clearly broken somewhere.

Come rain or shine... we are not just fair weather supporters... those sort of people belong down at Selhurst park!

Said on the Rowett Out thread, give him til Xmas. Fuck me, anyone remember us getting to the AWS Final, to play at Wembley, thinking it was the greatest day ever? It was, at the time a rare treat but was only a third rate cup. That in its self shows how far we have come. An established tier 2 club for the 2nd longest period in our history but still paying peanuts compared to the vast majority of the league’s teams. I frankly think some of our fans have become delusional.

Another point which I haven't seen anywhere on our forum is the perspective of Leeds United, just got relegated from the prem, expected to go straight back up and are currently 4th favourites to return... However, they currently haven't even got a single win yet, let in the same amount of goals as us, 3 places off relegation spot and have only scored one more goal than us atm...

We need to start getting behind the Club as disarray will serve no purpose other than to drop below Leeds.

Rowett, as everyone knows, is a safety first coach, that definitely has not served us badly over the last couple of years. It now seems, for the first time since he has been here, we have varied attacking options. I would think, based on his defensive principles, he will be trying to find the right formula/balance to integrate these options, especially after the Blackburn end to the season, which I’m sure would have hurt him. When Covid was happening I saw him one day while on my way home from work, he stopped to chat. The first thing he spoke about was how gutted he was that fans could not currently come to games and how the support was one of the main reasons he came here. The criticism on Sunday would have stung him, definitely. (At the time I asked him about how good JB must be, he said him and SK were unbelievably supportive).
Despite the flat last couple of games he has to have our backing, one thing we cannot do is degenerate to other levels of support and have delusions of grandeur.
This is said with full respect to those that travel away, up and down the country following the team - I was well pissed off Sunday, they were entitled to be much more so.
Apologies for the long post!👍