After 10 Games

silverlion

Staff member
KJ always said that you get a clearer idea of where you are at after ten games. That is where we are now and have 14 points. If you multiply that by 46 games this season then we would finish eleventh at the end of the season. How does that compare with last season? Well, we finished last season with 68 points and ended up in eighth place.
All of this is based on the assumption that our present form will continue for the next 36 games. However, we are notoriously slow starters and if our form improved until the end of the season things could change. As a general rule of thumb relegation form is around one point per game and promotion form is around two points per game. If we upped our game and got two points per game from now until the end of the season we would have 86 points and that would put us firmly into the top six. Luton finished third last season with 80 points. If you don’t share my optimism and think that we may only get 1 point per game from now on then we would finish with 50 points. Last season that would have put us 20th.
So, is your glass half full or half empty?……I know, it’s the hope that kills you!

We're a ponit better off than last season after games played. We've had some tough fixtures and players injured so not a settled team yet. We're certainly on coarse for enough points to retain our champinship status. This league is stronger than last season so we'll have to go some to finish with a play off place.

Under Rowetts guidance we do tend to start slowly and then find our feet and push on. Has been the case in each season we've had with Rowett. If we had a fit squad to choose from at all times i don't see why we can't have a good run of form and upset the apple cart somewhat. But this is Millwall which makes me have a tendency to look down instead of up when viewing the league table. My expectations are controlled and set to realistic. Anything else other than a stress free season where we hold our own is a welcome and unexpected bonus.

it's the hope that gets to us all.
Remember my old mans chat with me when he took me to my first game 46 year ago now. His chat ended in the words that we've all said on countless occasions and probably one of the many reasons that we still love em and go- It's the hopoe that kills you son!

Hope you and your loved ones are all good D! Look forward to the next time you're over mate!

Last edited:
Remember my old mans chat with me when he took me to my first game 46 year. His chat ended in the words that we've all said on countless occasions and probably one of the many reasons that we still love em and go- It's the hopoe that kills you son!

Hope you and your loved ones are all good D! Look forward to the next time you're over mate!
Very wise words from your Dad, P.
All well here mate, and likewise with your own clan.
Still trying to work things to get a free weekend, but I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

KJ always said that you get a clearer idea of where you are at after ten games. That is where we are now and have 14 points. If you multiply that by 46 games this season then we would finish eleventh at the end of the season. How does that compare with last season? Well, we finished last season with 68 points and ended up in eighth place.
All of this is based on the assumption that our present form will continue for the next 36 games. However, we are notoriously slow starters and if our form improved until the end of the season things could change. As a general rule of thumb relegation form is around one point per game and promotion form is around two points per game. If we upped our game and got two points per game from now until the end of the season we would have 86 points and that would put us firmly into the top six. Luton finished third last season with 80 points. If you don’t share my optimism and think that we may only get 1 point per game from now on then we would finish with 50 points. Last season that would have put us 20th.
So, is your glass half full or half empty?……I know, it’s the hope that kills you!
My head hurts just reading about it

As rule general rule we tend to do well against the stronger teams but disappoint against the, so called, weaker teams.

Our 4 victories so far have been against teams below us and 4 defeats against teams above us.

What does this mean? Absolutely no idea, just thought I’d mention it 🤷‍♂️

I don’t think supporting Millwall now is any different from when I started supporting them. 51 yrs ago.

As rule general rule we tend to do well against the stronger teams but disappoint against the, so called, weaker teams.

Our 4 victories so far have been against teams below us and 4 defeats against teams above us.

For me, it shows we have more quality in the side but the closing down, chasing lost causes type of attitude has been missing for much of the season, we were on top of leeds whilst we did it, they then scored and we didn't do it anymore and at Norwich we didn't do it at all.

I need a pie chart to understand.

I always watch in the first ten minutes or so...if the oppo, no matter how good, slick, they are - if they give the ball away cheaply, i.e. by mishit long balls, etc, then i know we ahve a chance. i think it's because we are patient, break reasonably well. norwich done an absoloute number on us because they were in no rush, they wanted the ball more than they wanted to score it seemed and picked us off with ease.

keep possession, don't over commit, don't rush, keep the ball is the main aim, not to scoring, is how i would set up against us. any team who is the opposite of that (i.e. go at them, stretch them, etc) we seem to do well against.

Members online