Votes: 30 55.6%
  • afobe

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • burey

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters
The three up top yesterday were fine.

The issue was:
1. Saville (touched the ball 4 times, hardly ever really contributes, needless fouls) and...
2. Playing a back 5 meaning we're a midfielder short (well 2 midfielders short due to number 1.

Go to a back 4 and add Honeyman & Mitchell instead of Saville.

The three up top yesterday were fine.

The issue was:
1. Saville (touched the ball 4 times, hardly ever really contributes, needless fouls) and...
2. Playing a back 5 meaning we're a midfielder short (well 2 midfielders short due to number 1.

Go to a back 4 and add Honeyman & Mitchell instead of Saville.
Weren't his best game for sure, but Saville up to the Burnley match has probably been our best player so far this season.

It’s like asking whether you fancy a punch in the face or the back of the head.
Back of the head for me, please - I wouldn't want to see my lovely face damaged:thumbup:
On the front two, I'm not sure how much it matters if we're not getting enough ball into them. No striker is going to prosper if we don't get the midfield working right. But, I'd give Burey and the German a shot if I had a choice. Burey's not the finished article yet but I'd like to see him get a run, we could do with a bit of his pace up front.

Sorry mate but I think flem should play behind our striker.maybe point of diamond, he has good vision and would be in the perfect position to exploit his shooting prowess.
I would agree if we had others that can play on the wing, we don't. There is no width or balance to the team, Saville can play behind the striker as he's done so in the past. Our two wide defenders have been left completely exposed, Danny is now being targeted because of that.

I would agree if we had others that can play on the wing, we don't. There is no width or balance to the team, Saville can play behind the striker as he's done so in the past. Our two wide defenders have been left completely exposed, Danny is now being targeted because of that.
To be honest I think wingers are now dated, wingers that we know and love, carter hill Lawrence etc, they usually supplied ammo for a big lump with a littlun near him. 4-1-4-1 would suit me using 4 ball playing footballers, ie flem Shackleton Saville and honey .Murray or Leonard when fit sitting in front of back FOUR. God knows who up top.

Members online