Accounts

Never mind £126m losses, when's the tight fucker gonna dip his hand in his pocket and buy us two wingers and a forward :)

Joking of course, if we did go up though, I would hope we bank the lot of the windfall and repay JB as much as we can, and strengthen the infrastructure, the training ground is obviously a huge stride forward for the club

Never mind £126m losses, when's the tight fucker gonna dip his hand in his pocket and buy us two wingers and a forward :)

Joking of course, if we did go up though, I would hope we bank the lot of the windfall and repay JB as much as we can, and strengthen the infrastructure, the training ground is obviously a huge stride forward for the club
Bang on. Fuck paying £45m for the like of Gibbs-White, I'd rather have one year up, take the piss left, right and centre, pocket the dough and be back in the championship the following year.

Bang on. Fuck paying £45m for the like of Gibbs-White, I'd rather have one year up, take the piss left, right and centre, pocket the dough and be back in the championship the following year.
Spot on , grab the money and run ,take the piss and enjoy being back in a great league ,scare the fk out of the FA and premier by fighting for 2nd spot or play offs every year while building a better all round club pop up for the extra cash every now and then go on our welcome to real fans tour go back down until we are the biggest stable club in London and rule Europe like Charlon did haha I got lost in the dream , but In all seriousness when you see what it costs to run a football club fans up and down the country could see their beloved clubs really collapse big time , I remember when we were in administration and it wasn't nice , very thankful to JB and he will have a stand or something named in his honor one day for sure , a yank that "got us" and is now one of us for sure . Money is what he is in it for of course, so come on you Lions let's go for it this season we are good enough we know it , just need a few more dollars JB 💸 and we will make you a shit loaf more Mììiiillllllll.

Blimey the numbers are frightening. What must the other clubs financial positions be like. The quest for the Premiership is a hell of a risk for everyone. Football has been ruined by the huge gap between rich and poor. As said above if we did miraculously get promoted back the players who got us there and bank the dough and secure the future. There are going to be some serious casualties as the wannabe big time charlies gamble the very existence of their clubs.

Ouch, so we're £126 million in debt to JB?
Well yes, no and sort of.

As far as I can make out, about half of the debt is in loan notes (I might be wrong). That needs to be repaid (not sure if there is interest?). The maturity dates seem to be yearly for various amounts but, JB just seems to let these loans roll-over and hasn't collected anything for years.

The other half of the debt seems to be mainly in 'B' shares. There is nothing to repay and - given that JB already owned the club - are effectively worthless to him.

If the club were to go into administration, JB would be first in line to collect. However, given that our total assets only have a book value of £20m, I imagine that he'd be looking at a sizeable loss as things currently stand, even if someone was willing to pay a premium for the club.

However, get promoted and who knows? The club shop might start selling long white robes?

Why do some think promotion would make us rich?
the players we would need to bring in would eat up most of those millions and then the parachute payments would be needed to cover those contracts for the next 2 years.
We would be a bit better off financially but not rich.

the players we would need to bring in would eat up most of those millions and then the parachute payments would be needed to cover those contracts for the next 2 years.
We wouldn't bring players in. That's the point. We play the season with the team that got us promoted. Maybe strengthen in a few key areas. If we go down, who cares. If we stay up, bonus!
That way we can maximize income.
Wouldn't want to go up and do a Fulham and spend close to 80mill on a new team.

As @SEL infers, it depends how we play it if we did go up. Keep the same players (albeit with improved salaries), get relegated and, with a season's PL revenue and parachute payments, that should be most of the debt wiped out.

(The vast financial gulf between the PL and the C'ship can be seen here).

The elephant in the room is that if we did go up, we would be a potential take-over target. Whether JB would be tempted to sell, and whether we would be better off as a club if he did, is very debatable.

Reactions: SEL
As @SEL infers, it depends how we play it if we did go up. Keep the same players (albeit with improved salaries), get relegated and, with a season's PL revenue and parachute payments, that should be most of the debt wiped out.

(The vast financial gulf between the PL and the C'ship can be seen here).

The elephant in the room is that if we did go up, we would be a potential take-over target. Whether JB would be tempted to sell, and whether we would be better off as a club if he did, is very debatable.

Hate seeing info like and what the money has done in creating such a gulf between the leagues. I have said in many times I dont know why the EFL doesnt go it alone and f**k the prem and its foam hands off. Eventually most of those teams will want to join failed european super league and their domestic product would suffer as a result and the EFL could carry on providing a better domestic competition.

Shows the owning a championship club is madness. This spending is unsustainable with staff costs (23m) higher than turnover (19m).

Members online