A question for those who don’t want Bomber

Good as it was to get the result on Saturday, I'm not sure that I would want to watch that performance for 46 matches next season. However, if that's what's needed to ensure safety this season so be it.

Imo the time to start thinking about next season is 5 May or as soon as we are mathematically safe.
What has fucked us in the recent past is scoring goals and
I think the majority on here and elsewhere were honest would agree.
Not saying this is always how it is, but to defend an early single goal lead must mentally debilitating and physically fatiguing which could possibly cost injuries or mentally switching during a game and conceding.

I hope NH has learnt lessons over the seasons and if he has, can implement them accordingly.
Harris stated in the interview straight after the game that he wouldn’t set up like that for every game but that was what was required for that particular game.
I’d like to think that during his time away from us he’s developed a bit as a manager and bought a bit of adaptability to his game.

Something the young Joe Edwards clearly didn’t have. He would have had us passing it out from the back v Southampton and we’d have been three or 4 nil down by halftime.

Totally agree he will have matured since leaving us but his results elsewhere have been average. And we were shambolic in his last matches. A No2 who is a buddy from 20 years back might suggest a lack of ambition/ depth. And, sorry, I see no future for any team surviving on 19% possession

That is surly a bit of a one off with that clown managing Southampton. But we too need to dominate games and you need the ball to do that. Fingers crossed we roll over Watford

Unfortunately, as the Edwards experience has shown, when we try to dominate possession we lose matches. It's points on the board that matter, not possession stats. Leicester won the Premiershit with the lowest pass success rate, 18th rated in terms of possession and played the highest number of long balls.

As you say, if we average 20% possession every match, we're going to lose most of them heavily, but Southampton are famous for their sideways, backwards tippy-tappy passing. They were even passing backwards to their goalie when they were behind in injury time!

There's probably a compromise somewhere between Leicester and Southampton that could work for us. If there's one thing I would like, it's for us to be able to retain possession to see out games; we saw a bit of that against Southamton, but we need to see more of it.

Last edited:
A No2 who is a buddy from 20 years back might suggest a lack of ambition/ depth.
A coach that's well spoken of and highly rated within footballing circles. As for your other point re possession, look where it got us under Edwards. Perhaps Rowett and Harris know what's what and what's needed an we don't. All this i'd rather see us relegated than play the way we do. Really? does anyone seriously think dropping down a league will get us more technically adept players and that we'll turn into a passing and possession based team? Bonkers if you ask me.

It was a great team.performance but don't let's get carried away to far , JE first game was a 4-0 away win and everyone was crooning including the players but look what followed , the Watford game at home will be the real tester as our home from is shocking and I cannot remember in all my years being hit so many times by 3 or more goals at home

It was a great team.performance but don't let's get carried away to far , JE first game was a 4-0 away win and everyone was crooning including the players but look what followed , the Watford game at home will be the real tester as our home from is shocking and I cannot remember in all my years being hit so many times by 3 or more goals at home
Difference is Harris knows whats needed to get a result and with the Den buzzing this should be a good game.

I must be a dinosaur coz seeing us have 45-50% in possession with 90% of the possession being between the defenders is boring as fuck

Seeing my team giving a 100% going home hoarse with synergy between the players and the fans and giving big clubs a bloody nose whereby the opposition manager does not have the decency to shake our players hands is dreamland for me

when Harris delivers that and wins 40% of the games he manages I will be a happy chappy