A Previous Disaster

silverlion

Staff member
Millwall 0 Rotherham 6

Anyone remember this?
I was on holiday in Canada at the time and I phoned my Mum to find out the score. It ought that she was winding me up when she told me the score. (These were the days when there was no internet coverage and the World Sports News in North America had all the news about North American Sports but zero about anywhere else!)
I think there was some dispute about pay or bonuses in our camp and the players downed tools on the day!

As a matter of interest we finished ninth in the table at the end of the season.

Was watching Sky sports in Spain with the wife's cousin (Spotters) got to the bar 15 minutes late only to find out we were at least 2 goals down sky had a score in the corner of the screen and 5 seconds after it went 0-6 it flipped over to 0-7 only to turn back to 6

1st home game 2015 v Coventry, got there late as we were walking past the Millwall cafe blokes coming the other way out of the stadium, saying don’t bother we are 3 nil down.

All to do with bonuses from the failed ITV Championship deal not being paid. The players literally downed tools and went on strike.

Could you imagine the meltdown if that happened now? Makes losing 3-1 to a decent Norwich side away from home look positively heroic.

Byfield and Merson for Pompey only players to get applauded off the pitch at The Den. If I remember right Byfield got the |Lions man of the match and wasn't it the same time as Toastgate
Gascoigne and Waddle too at the old place after we got well and truly outclassed 0-5 I think. They walked towards the CBL expecting coins but could not believe their luck to see us clap them. They looked at each other relieved and clapped back.

Gascoigne and Waddle too at the old place after we got well and truly outclassed 0-5 I think. They walked towards the CBL expecting coins but could not believe their luck to see us clap them. They looked at each other relieved and clapped back.
I was standing by the tunnel with my old man, courtesy of Billy Neil, don’t think they could believe the reaction

Dark times, remember leaving at 0-4. First game with new membership restrictions after the Brum riot. seriously thought about not coming back as the club was in a right state.

Millwall 0 Rotherham 6

Anyone remember this?
I was on holiday in Canada at the time and I phoned my Mum to find out the score. It ought that she was winding me up when she told me the score. (These were the days when there was no internet coverage and the World Sports News in North America had all the news about North American Sports but zero about anywhere else!)
I think there was some dispute about pay or bonuses in our camp and the players downed tools on the day!

As a matter of interest we finished ninth in the table at the end of the season.
Remember the game well.

That day everything Rotherham did came off and everything Millwall did didn’t.

I’m sure I saw some stats that they had 6 attempts at goal and everyone went in 🤦‍♂️

Finished 9th that season 8pts off play offs

P 46 W 19 D 9 L 18 F 59 A 69 (-10) 66pts

Rotherham finished 15th

I remember that now

Millwall 0 Rotherham 6

Anyone remember this?

Also remember we turned them over 4-0 at home under McGhee 2000/01 season and their manager saying after the game that had just played "The Champions elect".....Jus sayin'.