40 Years ago today Millwall at

wellerwasbest

Saltergate v Chesterfield
A much talked about day and loved game by many
Footage of the day on the Vid of many wall fans that day, mainly on or around the pitch
Heard a few people down the years saying"i wish their were pics of that day"

Big part in millwalls history as well with one foot in the dead mans Division ha
The Great escape

1684074569944.png

yes recall it on the pitch at full time, a much needed win

when we arrived at chesterfield stn prior the game a mob of chesterfield reds( man u fans) was on the platform very quiet looking on as we crossed the bridge.

on the pitch well made up

We were behind the goal in the Chesterfield end when we scored the pen - remember the premature invasion

Remember getting off the train with the Reds in the station, from memory it was pissing it down but couldn't see them calling game off and have us come up again

I remember going to orient and we had to win, over the bank holiday
Think it was 4 3 and well needed

And the game with
I remember going to orient and we had to win, over the bank holiday
Think it was 4 3 and well needed

Also well needed result (weren't they all at that time), a week later the away game at Reading, who were also in the shit, but above us. I think it was the third or fourth last game. We were losing 3-0 and down to ten men at half time. Second half we pulled it back to 3-3 then had another player sent off. The nine men nearly won it at the death as well..!! Although only two points for a win back then, that game was a proper old school, *four pointer* and probably got Reading relegated.