3 o’clock KO

The_Doc

Sky will be showing live games at 3 o’clock for the opening week of the new season

Sky will be showing live games at 3 o’clock for the opening week of the new season
Didn't think they were allowed to show games at 3 o/clock on a sat as part of the deal🤷‍♂️ also sure I read that there will only be 7 championship games at 3 on a sat, rest will have days and/or times changed

Sky are saying each team will be on tv 20+ from next season . So as they are not allowed to show games at 3 pm on a Saturday that seems a lot of games going to be moved. And when we are top end of table we will be on every week 😂

From what I understand there will be five championship games a week on Sky, Friday night, Saturday Midday, Saturday evening, Sunday Midday or/and afternoon if no Premiership games and Monday night if no premiership games.
I wouldn't rule out the occasional Thursday night game either, for those that book train/plane journeys in advance would be advised to hold back until Sky announce their televised games which is five weeks during the season and four weeks during the run in to the season.

Sky are only interested in the armchair supporters not reall fans and the FA ,,premshit & EFL have bent over backwards to please them , about time they was a compensation clause to pay back what a lot of real fans have lost or will lost next season

football should be 3pm Saturday kickoffs. gives both sets, of real fans to attend games easy. can't understand why they won't just put 3pm kickoffs on TV. I have an ST and I hope this sky sports + don't change too many game kicks off times.

Reactions: SEL
football should be 3pm Saturday kickoffs. gives both sets, of real fans to attend games easy. can't understand why they won't just put 3pm kickoffs on TV. I have an ST and I hope this sky sports + don't change too many game kicks off times.

Yup. The madness that is the fa/efl. They don't want to diminish fan attendance for 3 pm kick offs but are quite happy to move the games for the benefit of TV when that in itself impacts the fans.
I think most fans just want to know with enough time how to plan their seasonal and travel.

This is what they are planning:

Championship matches will be covered by a six-camera setup, with four and two-camera setups to be used for League One and League Two games respectively. Every match will receive live commentary.

League 2 games, 2 cameras, going to show a lot then? I think TNT coverage of the National League is better.

Yup. The madness that is the fa/efl. They don't want to diminish fan attendance for 3 pm kick offs but are quite happy to move the games for the benefit of TV when that in itself impacts the fans.
I think most fans just want to know with enough time how to plan their seasonal and travel.
Imo the reason that the PL/ FA are ok with 3pm KO has nothing to do with tradition and everything to do with money. 3pm is pretty much the ideal time for overseas audiences as it catches both the US market (especially East coast) and the Asian markets.

Reactions: SEL
Sky have a new channel called Sky Sports+. Every championship club will be shown at least 24 times. The 3pm ban will remain and every week there will be at least three games kicking off at 12.30. Great for people who watch on television but another nail in the coffin for football.