2023-24 League Ladders

PurleyLion

Staff member
The new season is just under 4 weeks away (seems like it's only a couple of weeks back the old season ended).

If you want to participate in the 2023-2024 League Ladders, add your name to this thread followed by whether you are playing for "Fun" or "££". If the latter, arrange for me to receive your £5 in good time.

I've republished the rules, for those of you not familiar with the League Ladders.

Good luck

I'm on a tiny private pension of £33,500 pa, so will only be playing for fun.

Another factor is that I know fuck-all about football.

One other point while I'm here. A few seasons ago the first valid match was versus Crawley in a Mickey Mouse Cup.

I was under the impression the League Ladders started on the first 'proper' match of the season. So, in order not to be caught out yet again, when will be the first match?

Also, the Rules look more like the European Convention of Human Rights. Don't we just have to predict the correct score?

Anyway, good luck to everyone who's playing for money - I assume the winner will automatically donate the money to a Charity.

:grinning:

Last edited:
I'm on a tiny private pension of £33,500 pa, so will only be playing for fun.

Another factor is that I know fuck-all about football.

One other point while I'm here. A few seasons ago the first valid match was versus Crawley in a Mickey Mouse Cup.

I was under the impression the League Ladders started on the first 'proper' match of the season. So, in order not to be caught out yet again, when will be the first match?

Also, the Rules look more like the European Convention of Human Rights. Don't we just have to predict the correct score?

Anyway, good luck to everyone who's playing for money - I assume the winner will automatically donate the money to a Charity.

:grinning:
Did you cut and paste last season’s response? 😉

Members online