2023/24 League Ladder Review & Awards

PurleyLion

Staff member
Colourful Predictions
MillwallJohn
, in the absence of any competition, retained his crown again.

Most Pessimistic Predictor Award
MillwallJohn
, also retains this award. This season he’s predicted 26 defeats, 15 draws and, just 7 victories and over the last 2 season 56 defeats, 30 draws and only 9 victories :slap:

Consistency Award
Chopsboysie
for stretching his consecutive 5-0 victory predictions to over 200! Remarkably, he collected fourteen 4 pointers (i.e. there were 14 clean sheets in our 16 victories).

OnlyAGame for predicting 42 Home victories. Will he change his system next season? I doubt it!

The “10 Added Joker Points” Award
As well as winning overall, Mrs Salford Lion, gained a maximum of 10 bonus joker points and joins the illustrious list of those that have done it in the past i.e. DensLions and PurleyLion.

Generosity Award
Brusselslion who has donated his winnings to the Lions Community Trust 👏👏

Last but not least.
For those of you who love statistics, in total 1872 predictions 997 (53%) forecasting a Lions victory, 453 (24%) draw and 422 (23%) Lions defeat confirming most predictions were made using the heart rather than the head and proving, once again, that on the whole our fans are extremely loyal and optimistic.

Apart for the following Season Review, that's all for the time-being.

Enjoy the summer-break and hopefully we will all return fit and healthy in August.

Season Review

Games 1 & 2:
Great start with 15 optimistic fans predicting a Middlesbrough away victory but, with the exception of Lionchel they all came back to earth with a bang when we get turned over at home by Reading’s youth side. 3 idiots, including yours truly, waste a Home Joker:slap:. When will they learn?
Games 4-6: Tight at the top with just 2 points covering the top 10. Remarkably 15 predict the correct result and score for the Birmingham away game:clap:.
Games 7-8: Andover_Lion and Peckham Lion edging away from the rest. Soul Man forgets to enter a prediction for the Rotherham at home game and slips down the table.
Games 9-12: Soul Man surges into the lead establishing a 9 point lead. Eventual winners Mrs Salford Lion and Brusselslion lurking mid-table.
Games 13-15: Soul Man’s lead shrinks to just 3 points, Mrs Salford Lion and Brusselslion homing in on the lead and PurleyLion, making a valiant effort to defence his title, edges into 3rd place.
Games 16-18: Soul Man hanging onto his lead, Brusselslion ominously in 2nd place. Mrs Salford Lion still 7 points off the lead, despite gaining 5 Home Joker points with her Millwall v Coventry prediction.
Game 19-22: Soul Man increases his lead to 7 points (looking back I didn’t appreciate how well he did early on). Brusselslion remains in 2nd place and Mrs Salford closing in 3rd place.
Games 23-25: Top 3 remain unchanged.
Games 26-28: The German Hermit slips into 3rd place.
Games 29-31: Brusselslion storms into the lead, Soul Man’s away joker return no points, Mrs Salford Lion and The German Herman still in the frame.
Games 32-34: Brusselslion and Mrs Salford Lion creating a gap back to the rest. Millwalljohn slips into 3rd place.
Games 35-37: Mrs Salford Lion reduces Brusselslion lead to 2 points. Soul Man is hanging on and the rest are nowhere.
Games 38-40: Mrs Salford Lion, after collecting 5 Away Joker heads the table for the 1st time. Brusselslion 5 points behind with his Home Joker to play. Now a 2 horse race.
Games 40-43: Brusselslion cuts Mrs Salford Lion’s lead to 3. This is going to be a close one.
Games 44-46: Mrs Salford Lion’s lead back to 5. Brusselslion chances of winning very much dependent on his Home Joker.
Game 47: Mrs Salford Lion and Brusselslion make the same prediction for the Plymouth game, the latter playing his Home Joker that gains him just 1 extra reducing the former’s lead to 4 points. Brusselslion only chance of winning is to gain 4 or 5 Swansea points and hope Mrs Salford Lion gets none.
Game 48: For the 2nd successive game Mrs Salford Lion and Brusselslion predict the same score with the former deservedly winning the title while the latter has the consolation of picking up the ££ prize. :clap:

Last edited:
Most Pessimistic Predictor Award
MillwallJohn
, also retains this award. This season he’s predicted 26 defeats, 15 draws and, just 7 victories and over the last 2 season 56 defeats, 30 draws and only 9 victories :slap:
Mmm pessimistic or do I just know my team better than most seeing as I seem to be 'up there' among the front runners for the past few years lol :clap: .... Anyway, I see it as a service to Millwall and the fans to prevent us from relegation as when I predict us to win... we usually lose.... so by using reverse psychology we remained in the Championship... no need to thank me... you're all welcome ;;)

Next season may prove different if NH keeps up his momentum.

Once again, great work PL (y)

Well done Purley brilliant job mate :clap:. By the way its chopsboysie as in I'm chops and my son is boysie. Your missing the s (y)

Last edited: