20 minutes added at Wigan

Arthur2shedsJackson

The referee got injured and they added 20 minutes stoppage time to the second half. Anyone who travelled from Wycombe will be stuck there for the night. Surely they could have replaced him with the 4th official.

The referee got injured and they added 20 minutes stoppage time to the second half. Anyone who travelled from Wycombe will be stuck there for the night. Surely they could have replaced him with the 4th official.
Referee Adam Herczeg was caught in a midfield sandwich and - after a delay lasting the best part of 20 minutes, while a qualified official was found in the crowd - he was replaced in the middle by fourth official Steven Rushton.

I was at a match earlier in the season at Chester, where the ref got injured and replaced by the 4th official who was in tun replaced by a bloke from the crowd who presumably had the required badges/certificates. That took less than 10 minutes I think. Someone had to borrow a pair of boots from on of the schoolkids they have taking penalties at halftime for charity as well! You've got to love non-league 🤣

I was at a match earlier in the season at Chester, where the ref got injured and replaced by the 4th official who was in tun replaced by a bloke from the crowd who presumably had the required badges/certificates. That took less than 10 minutes I think. Someone had to borrow a pair of boots from on of the schoolkids they have taking penalties at halftime for charity as well! You've got to love non-league 🤣
Remember our very own Bex, who ran the line at the Den once. I don't know why he didn't become 4th official.