Seeing the arch under the railway makes me think we were lucky over the decades not to have a fan seriously injured or worse!

When I was young, exiting the ground after the game, I used to lift my feet off the ground and, because of the pressure from all sides, not fall to the floor 🤦‍♂️

When I was just a lad of around 15 I asked if I could come along and see them train at the Den and I did go along for a morning. It was interesting. My memories of the day were them running up and down the stairs to gain fitness, Ken Jones singing a song and a bet between two of the players. The player that lost handed over a large number of coins to the winner who threw them all to the ground as they were pennies and other shrapnel in disgust. Harry scrambled around on the floor and picked them all up and pocketed the lot! I am sure it wasn’t a lot of money. A day that has lived long in the memory!

Recall this picture being on the front cover of a programme . found it interesting as it was so different to action shots etc from games and would have had no idea that sometimes i suppose from time to time they trained here

Also i lived literally 30 seconds away from here Blockhouse street past where the new cross social club is. They changed the name

I wonder if it was one of these that wrote by the Bridge their "WHU turn back" ha

1675695483605.png