‘ArryBoy

Unfortunately Flemming has not played well in the 10 position this year or last third of last year. We have several options - Watmore, Honeyman, Watmore, Campbell, Esse, De Norre. Feel it’s time for a change. We score very few goals through open play, and Flemming is a key reason for this.

Saw that his last game was his 50th appearance since joining... That's a lot of games to try and be consistent throughout and also be our "main talisman" in the time he's been here.

Perhaps a little burnt out and could do with a rest?

Perhaps his head is not yet fully in the game due to the transfer window?

I'd say rest him... As think teams have sussed that Flemming is our main vocal point in attack and you can tell at times our players do just hope he produces some magic to make the shift a bit lighter.

Not saying don't play him at all, just mix it up. The more unpredictable we are, the more success we'll have as we're not a 'Leicester' / 'Southampton' that can play the same XI and win most games.

We have to be adaptable.

Unfortunately Flemming has not played well in the 10 position this year or last third of last year. We have several options - Watmore, Honeyman, Watmore, Campbell, Esse, De Norre. Feel it’s time for a change. We score very few goals through open play, and Flemming is a key reason for this.
Watmore is gonna be a bit knackered*
I suppose we could sub him at halftime and bring him on for the 2nd half though 🤔

Unfortunately, he is passenger. Only one game I can remember this year he actually played well in and that was Burnley at home.

He doesn't affect the game at all.

Saw that his last game was his 50th appearance since joining... That's a lot of games to try and be consistent throughout and also be our "main talisman" in the time he's been here.

Perhaps a little burnt out and could do with a rest?

Perhaps his head is not yet fully in the game due to the transfer window?

I'd say rest him... As think teams have sussed that Flemming is our main vocal point in attack and you can tell at times our players do just hope he produces some magic to make the shift a bit lighter.

Not saying don't play him at all, just mix it up. The more unpredictable we are, the more success we'll have as we're not a 'Leicester' / 'Southampton' that can play the same XI and win most games.

We have to be adaptable.
A lot of competition now for a striker's position, and delighted to see it.
Agree with mixing it up a bit, and a good sub as and when required.

I’ve never thought of him as a midfielder more of an attacker playing a bit deeper. If we play 2 up front and are under the cosh then we would be better off with a proper midfielder there. If we play with one striker with Fleming directly behind them then he looks more useful.

I dont believe Flemming is our focal point. If Lenny is playing brooke will be the focal point and emu if hes playing on the left. this will spread the play and provive some space in the middle which suits playing two up front.

Its the crowding in mid field that has caused the problem for Flemming. Having good threats down the wings will create space where he would normally do his best work.

Let's hope we don't get in the " Jed wallace" with Flemming ....we cannot became a one man team ,he is a good player by that this present time he is awful and needs a good kick up the arse by being dropped them maybe he might realise he not an automatic choice

Let's hope we don't get in the " Jed wallace" with Flemming ....we cannot became a one man team ,he is a good player by that this present time he is awful and needs a good kick up the arse by being dropped them maybe he might realise he not an automatic choice
Hopefully Flemming will come again although I seem to recall the “Flemming is a better player than Wallace” debate but Wallace stood the test of time & performed (to a decent level) week in week out, season after season. Fingers crossed Zian will pull his socks up soon 🤞

We have never been high goal scorers under Rowett long time before Flemming got here.

i actually say stick with him, give him a good half a season. he's clearly a good player at times. sometimes it's patience that is the key. he might still be figuring the championship out. this can take time. esp if you are billed as the "talisman". he probably has to read the game twice as much as the next player because his card is marked by the oppo. he might come alive again.

Jed Wallace and Zian Flemming comparison of whose better in the team, most consistent etc I don't think is a very fair comparison at all.

Wallace was in a team that was expected to fight relegation every season. To help provide and be that player that gives us that extra edge over our relegation rivals. We as fans are not going to complain about a player who helped keep us up. Jed, at the time, was our answer, and really.. only answer.

Jed then goes to a "promotion candidate" team for free, and performs nowhere near as good as expected. With 'Wall having a better season than his new club where he had such high hopes of being a Premshite player.

Flemming, from the offset, on the other hand was brought in (To my knowledge) of being a way of earning a pretty penny/chunk of change if he performed well by selling him on... We where successful with that aim, as we nearly lost him for our record fee.

My point being, complete different teams with complete different aims. Jed in this team, I think would drive a lot of fans up the wall. The same fans who moan at DanMac, Billy Mitchell etc.

Say Jed didn't leave on a free, do you think we'd of had anyone buying him? Seeing as he only went to a rival team in our league, whose piss poor mind you... Flemming was being scouted by Prem sides and top European teams.

Fleming scored goals first half of last season but has failed to replicate since. To me he is a luxury player that we can not afford to give a starting place to and is one of the reasons our midfield is consistently overrun.
I think a place on the bench would do him good and give an opportunity to someone else, be that Watmore or Esse.
Just my opinion 🤷

We are by far a one man team at the minute in my opinion. Furthermore I would say that the team have been carrying Fleming since the last 10 games of last season. He's not really had an effect on any game for a very long time. Your number 10 is supposed to be the main man in your team and that goes for any team. He has been far from it and doesn't even create any chances most games of late. I would drop him and make him work himself back into the starting 11 like every other player has to. A lot of the time he strolls around the pitch like he's too good to even put a shift in. I'd be happy to be proven wrong in due course, but at this present time he does not warrant being in that starting 11.

Say Jed didn't leave on a free, do you think we'd of had anyone buying him? Seeing as he only went to a rival team in our league, whose piss poor mind you... Flemming was being scouted by Prem sides and top European teams.
Well yes, I do think someone would have bought him (do you remember the Galatasaray rumour 🙈) but that wasn’t my point.
Jed had the most assists in the championship one season and the second most assists the season after (plus he could score goals) My point is that Flemming has only done it for one season and gone a bit flat but obviously I hope he finds his feet again and quickly

At the moment I want him starting. As I have said now we have some direct speed merchants available on the wings it will give us more width and therefore more space in midfield. Currently teams are crowding that area and pressing. With more width they wont be able to do that. Keep the faith.

Perhaps he needs the freedom that Jed was given. I have no idea what his favoured position is but he has looked isolated at times. He seems the type of player that comes alive with the ball at his feet and has options on. Flair players will drift in and out of games more so when they can't get a foothold in a game.

Perhaps he needs the freedom that Jed was given. I have no idea what his favoured position is but he has looked isolated at times. He seems the type of player that comes alive with the ball at his feet and has options on. Flair players will drift in and out of games more so when they can't get a foothold in a game.
Agree with that PL,but i dont think anyone will be given "free rein" again under Rowett,we have some very exciting attack minded players in our squad but everything seems so regimented and stilted at times with almost predetermined rol

Staff online

Members online