Interesting Interview

What is our objective? With the money we have, stay up, maybe playoffs?
Play offs best case scenario and retain our status worst case/ bare minimum.

Could we do a Sheffield Utd, Luton etc? I'd like to think so.
Luton give clubs our size hope by showing it's doable but a lot of things have to click. Sheffield can afford players and wages that we can't.

From what games and highlights I have seen, I think Luton have made a decent fist of it... Yeah, there have been a few thumping's, but their style of aggressive play, long balls and pressing have made some of the oppo teams work very hard for their money. They haven't gone overboard with the spending, either.

Although now unlikely, I hope they stay up and Forest come down, purely for the silly amount of money that Forest have pissed up the wall with only a piss take point deduction put in place.

Luton's results have been interesting, a few decent ones in there.

Aldo should’ve walked when they sacked Edwards. He’s responsible for the appointment directly.

The manager wanted to play a style that he didn’t have the players for. I think if he had been given a full pre season it would have been a very different story, but he wasn’t afforded the luxury. Naive on everyone’s part.

Everyone would’ve got on board with a stop gap interim manager if it meant getting someone like Edwards in in the summer. It was an exciting appointment, he came with good pedigree & we’ve seen many young English coaches have success lately.
If he’d been given a whole season we would have been relegated by Christmas. What evidence do any of you Edward’s groupies have to show he was anything more than a bullshitting chancer? Fucking unreal!!

Luton is the club we should be looking at. They were more similar to us in style of play and most importantly, finances. If some fans want us to play like Man City they really are wasting their time with us. I’m happy with just getting safe in the Championship however we need to play to achieve that and then perhaps flirting with the play offs if we have a some luck. A cup run would be nice as well.

I think we should be looking more at the Brentford or Brighton model than Luton.

Both are comparable sizes to us, both have scounted unknown decent players and sold them on for top dollar and have used that financial stability to stay in the top division for a number of years.

If they can do it I can’t see why we can’t. But unfortunately throughout our history we have always been reluctant to be a bit more ambitious or have let decent players slip through our grasp because they are deemed not to be Millwall type players.

From what games and highlights I have seen, I think Luton have made a decent fist of it... Yeah, there have been a few thumping's, but their style of aggressive play, long balls and pressing have made some of the oppo teams work very hard for their money. They haven't gone overboard with the spending, either.

Although now unlikely, I hope they stay up and Forest come down, purely for the silly amount of money that Forest have pissed up the wall with only a piss take point deduction put in place.

Luton's results have been interesting, a few decent ones in there.

I reckon Rob Edwards should get Premiership Manager of the Year.

Of course it won’t happen, for the same reason NH didn’t get the Championship April Manager of the month, but I suspect the majority of true football fans would give it to him.

If he’d been given a whole season we would have been relegated by Christmas. What evidence do any of you Edward’s groupies have to show he was anything more than a bullshitting chancer? Fucking unreal!!
Edwards groupie😂 don’t make me laugh. He was naive and wanted a style which just didn’t suit the players we have. However - Given a summer to work with the players and bring in his own, who could argue that there’s a good chance it would have turned out differently?

Edwards groupie😂 don’t make me laugh. He was naive and wanted a style which just didn’t suit the players we have. However - Given a summer to work with the players and bring in his own, who could argue that there’s a good chance it would have turned out differently?
He took the job knowing the budget. He also said that he'd watched us several times and knew what the players were capable of. So why did he take the job if he couldn't manage with what he had? How many of his own players were needed for change and where was that money coming from? He wasn't wise enough to stop sending them out in the same fashion as the previous defeat and continued to do the same things over and over again. You don't have to have coaching badges to know that is absolutely fucking daft.

He took the job knowing the budget. He also said that he'd watched us several times and knew what the players were capable of. So why did he take the job if he couldn't manage with what he had? How many of his own players were needed for change and where was that money coming from? He wasn't wise enough to stop sending them out in the same fashion as the previous defeat and continued to do the same things over and over again. You don't have to have coaching badges to know that is absolutely fucking daft.
There is an interesting parallel between ourselves under Edwards and Burnley.
MOTD last night showed loads of goals Burnley have conceded this season by losing the ball playing out from the back.

Shearer said, "Kompany is asking players to play in a way they are not capable of playing. It is madness to continue to ask them to play that way and expect different results".

Does that ring any bells?

Yet the Burnley board stuck with Kompany and the inevitable happened.
There but for the grace of JB goes Millwall.

Thing is Burnley are coming back down with a pocketful of money we would have gone down without a pot to piss in

Thing is Burnley are coming back down with a pocketful of money we would have gone down without a pot to piss in
They would have got a lot more if they stayed up.
Kompany comes across (to me at least) as quite arrogant to continue to play in a style which repeatedly causes his team to lose,but as "he" thinks its the right way to play football carries on,never heard him once take any responsiblity for the
Way the season was obviously panning out!

They would have got a lot more if they stayed up.
Kompany comes across (to me at least) as quite arrogant to continue to play in a style which repeatedly causes his team to lose,but as "he" thinks its the right way to play football carries on,never heard him once take any responsiblity for the
Way the season was obviously panning out!
I think that’s the style of play that got them promoted and Kompany stuck with it even though it wasn’t working, maybe because he didn’t have the players to alter the style too much.

I expect him to be their manager next season, persisting with that style of play and them to get promoted.

Perhaps they’ll do a Fulham persisting with a style of play and yo-yoing between the Championship and Premiership until they have the players that are comfortable with it and can keep them in the Premiership.

I agree,and think they would be a good bet to go back up,can't see too many offers coming in for existing players and got money to spend on new blood!
As you've said stuck with style of play that got them up but wasn't getting results in prem,
Who knows whether he'll be there next season footballs a very fickle game.