The mighty Lions V The Pilgrims- match thread- Sat 3pm

Peckham Lion

Staff member
Final home game, another sell out crowd and special occasion. We don't just have heros on the pitch we also have them off it too. Pride of the lions takes another meaning this Saturday as we get the long awaited opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate a true hero,. A selfless, fearless and humble lion in every sense of the word.

The lion of London bridge will be presented with his bravery award in the most fitting place- The Lions Den- Finally some closure for Roy and two fingers to the cowardly establishment. We can also have the last laugh because that's another battle won and done. As someone once said and something very similar to my current thought -----Fuck you we're all Millwall.

We fear no foe.

Just a reminder that there's a lot going on out on the pitch prior to kick off. There's a lot to cram in. By all accounts there's gonna be a stripper on the pitch around 2.30. SHE he goes by the name of the Ulster pulstar and loves a bit of cock-----------ney humour.

Once the stripper is arrested Roy will be presented with his award at 2.40 pm. I have been asked to advise people to get to their seats early so not to miss that moment. Can always nip back down the kiosk for another bottle of fizzy pop before kick off once Roy's moment has passed.

I believe the presentation is going to be covered by Millwall TV. I can imagine our fans further afield will be stood proud in front of their screens and clapping along with everyone in the ground.

Roys heroics has made me even prouder to be Millwall. I've been surprised and taken aback by the amount of people that mention Roys name when i tell them i'm Millwall. He has a lot of respect from complete outsiders. It turns out that quite a lot of people like us after all.

Both the rattler into South Bermondsey and Overground to Surrey docks/ Queens road appear to be running full service.

It will no doubt be another historical day at the Den, to round off a bit of a rollercoaster of a season.
Neil Harris is back "home", and has saved us from a possibility of dropping down a league. After bidding farewell to Gary Rowett, we experimented with a new style of manager, that wasn't to be, and left us in a precarious position, NH came to the rescue.
Our last home game of the season will be preceded by a moving presentation to "The Lion of London Bridge". A long overdue award to a proper hero.
I really hope Roy is recognised and cheered by both sets of supporters, and the applause is also acknowledged by those individuals who worked so hard behind the scenes to make Saturday's presentation possible.
You know who you are.
I only wish I could be there with you all, but assure you that I'll be on my feet applauding Roy, for on Saturday, there is a little bit of Belfast that will be forever South Bermondsey.
MIIIIILLLLLLL.

Pity Roy isn't getting his award at 2.59 but we can't have Plymouth's preparation interfered with as it's a massive game for them and such a shame JB can't be the one to present it to him.
Will we be at it like the last 2 home games or will we have that end of season performance?
I don't anticipate many changes or attitude and hope we get something to shout about.

After the pre and post match goings on and the much deserved award to Roy , I'm looking forward to a less regimented and freer Millwall performance.
Hoping for a resounding win say 4-1 , but I have a weird feeling ( could possibly be the result of a dodgy chicken bhuna ) that it could be a 2-2 or 3-3.
Who knows , Plymouth could do with 3pts , should make for an exciting game. 🤪
COYL end the season at home with a crash bang fucking wallop.

Last edited:
Pity Roy isn't getting his award at 2.59 but we can't have Plymouth's preparation interfered with as it's a massive game for them and such a shame JB can't be the one to present it to him.
Will we be at it like the last 2 home games or will we have that end of season performance?
I don't anticipate many changes or attitude and hope we get something to shout about.
No let up P 😉

I hope the players cast their minds back 12 months and use that as fuel to give us all a decent performance to round the home season off with. Will be there early to give Roy a well deserved round of applause. 👏

Just a reminder that there's a lot going on out on the pitch prior to kick off. There's a lot to cram in. By all accounts there's gonna be a stripper on the pitch around 2.30. SHE he goes by the name of the Ulster pulstar and loves a bit of cock-----------ney humour.

Once the stripper is arrested Roy will be presented with his award at 2.40 pm. I have been asked to advise people to get to their seats early so not to miss that moment. Can always nip back down the kiosk for another bottle of fizzy pop before kick off once Roy's moment has passed.

I believe the presentation is going to be covered by Millwall TV. I can imagine our fans further afield will be stood proud in front of their screens and clapping along with everyone in the ground.

Roys heroics has made me even prouder to be Millwall. I've been surprised and taken aback by the amount of people that mention Roys name when i tell them i'm Millwall. He has a lot of respect from complete outsiders. It turns out that quite a lot of people like us after all.

Both the rattler into South Bermondsey and Overground to Surrey docks/ Queens road appear to be running full service.
Fucking gutted bolloxed up my travel arrangements back from hols, so will miss this and our last home game..
Fair play for your and others work on this..