HARRIS

Exactly what I got from that interview

Exactly what I got from that interview

Some are really hard to please , he had a decent record first time round , he was always the right choice for the mess we were in , there's no way he would fail for lack of effort , he almost certainly a better manager for experience , and for those that are nitpicking we lost 6 out of 7 before he came back , we have taken 17 pts from 10 games that equates over a season to around 74 pts , some people are never happy

I don't get this he has failed everywhere , he inherited holloways mess and left us in a better place , took cardiff to the play offs , left gillingham in a play off place and took cambridge from 4th from bottom to mid table in 2 months and has given us a great chance of staying up when we looked near certainties to go down , there are better managers out there but nearly a of them would never come here and none of them would have the same passion for our club

two very convincing victories. he's done a marvelous job so far. the players are playing to their strengths and even starting to flourish. we look dangerous in teh final third and not even rowett could really get a grip on that. i actually get excited when we break, we have flare players starting to show themselves more and more.

Some are really hard to please , he had a decent record first time round , he was always the right choice for the mess we were in , there's no way he would fail for lack of effort , he almost certainly a better manager for experience , and for those that are nitpicking we lost 6 out of 7 before he came back , we have taken 17 pts from 10 games that equates over a season to around 74 pts , some people are never happy
Would be in the play offs with that form over the course of a season

I don't get this he has failed everywhere , he inherited holloways mess and left us in a better place , took cardiff to the play offs , left gillingham in a play off place and took cambridge from 4th from bottom to mid table in 2 months and has given us a great chance of staying up when we looked near certainties to go down , there are better managers out there but nearly a of them would never come here and none of them would have the same passion for our club
Spot on.

I saidon here months ago about away fans being in lower tier great for financial business but gives away teams a massive boost, I wonder if Harris has had aanything to do with this being stopped? Away fans in lower tier seems to of stopped since Harris took over

I saidon here months ago about away fans being in lower tier great for financial business but gives away teams a massive boost, I wonder if Harris has had aanything to do with this being stopped? Away fans in lower tier seems to of stopped since Harris took over
Good point 🤔

Loved these comments from Harris, about teaching Obifemi and now Nesbit.
“We had to get Michael up to speed. I spent a lot of time with Michael. Michael owed me that goal today – I’ll leave it at that, for why. His performances have got so much better. He is starting to look like a Millwall number nine, what Tom Bradshaw learned over a period of time to do – I’ve got to teach Kevin Nisbet as well.

Real Wall are bullish. Don't care about other clubs reputations or the worlds take on Millwall. I'll name Peckham on here among a few who get it. I for one wouldn't give a flying fuck what league we were in as long as our group of players give us effort and something to be proud of. If we got premier league so be it and I'd be proud for our players and manager achieving it. Other factors tell me it probably won't happen though and to be honest I could well live without it. I get sick of the negativity and doubting. Doubting what exactly? As human beings we do what it takes for our families right? I'd take a bullet for any of my friends and family. Strangely enough in a previous version of me I already have done. Millwall is our family! Harris is my family! Call me dramatic if you want but its another life choice we made when we chose MFC. I chose MFC when I moved down from Edinburgh as a boy. Wouldn't swap it for all the money in the world. Couldn't swap! Why and who? If you can't feel even a fraction of what I say I suggest you try something else because it doesn't really work. "Real Wall" is a real thing. Harris is Real Wall its as simple as that! Win, lose draw it doesnt change. I'd fuckin love his job but I wouldn't want to have to explain myself to fuckin idiots with nothing better to do than snipe and backstab. If you pull our shirt on I'll love you!
people say what is real wall

there is no manual on how we should be wall, just a morale compass that instead of pointing north or south, just points millwall.

you know inside yourself what our code is, to me never leaving a lion to get a hiding

never bully shirters just take the piss.

share a drink on a train with other wall

look after our shirters that we have

only the code is ourselves which make us wall

people say what is real wall

there is no manual on how we should be wall, just a morale compass that instead of pointing north or south, just points millwall.

you know inside yourself what our code is, to me never leaving a lion to get a hiding

never bully shirters just take the piss.

share a drink on a train with other wall

look after our shirters that we have

only the code is ourselves which make us wall
To add to that for players, the first thing that we all want is effort and commitment. You can be the best player we have, but if you couldn’t give a fuck, and show it, you will lose us

After nigh on 5 years of mostly boring getting rolled over at home with the life sucked out the Den having a maximum of about 3 shots a game taking any old excuse not to turn up and sit in my season ticket seat I am loving the return of Super Neil Harris

We go at teams again the crowd are engaged and getting behind the players, the atmosphere is getting better and better and we turn over the big boys with the opposition now knowing they will be lucky to get a point at our Cathedral.

I fucking loved Tuesday and Saturday and Harris is unbeaten at home since he came back

I can’t see I want anymore after a season when we have been rolled over more times than a £5 prostitute at home this season.

We were going to be relegated without Harris he is a fucking legend who loves the club as much as us that pay our money week after week. how many other clubs have a manager like that?

COYL

Good points. I suppose that alot depends on what somebody defines as success or failure. Maybe for some people, a manager will only be successful if he gets promotion or wins a competition. Of course, by that definition, most managers are failures. In my book, that's a very harsh way to judge a manager, especially in the Championship, where every season, there will always be a few loadsamoney sides down from the Premier and we have one of the lowest budgets in the division. Staying in this division for as long as we have done is success as far as I'm concerned.

As for there being better managers, who knows? Like you say, the obvious ones wouldn't come here. There's probably some great up and coming managers out there like that McKenna as Ipswich. But surely we've learned this season that you can get badly burned trying to find the next up and coming manager.

Some say they're not sure if Harris is the right manager for us for next season. Now, I'm not sure either on account of the fact that I don't have a crystal ball. Assuming we stay up, we may find ourselves rooted to the foot of the table next November in which case we might have to look at it all again, who knows? For now, though, I can only judge him on what he's done since he came back. Is there anyone who can deny that he's done a great job since his reappointment? As it stands, I'll be looking forward to next season and thinking that we're very lucky that he agreed to come back to us.

Good points. I suppose that alot depends on what somebody defines as success or failure. Maybe for some people, a manager will only be successful if he gets promotion or wins a competition. Of course, by that definition, most managers are failures. In my book, that's a very harsh way to judge a manager, especially in the Championship, where every season, there will always be a few loadsamoney sides down from the Premier and we have one of the lowest budgets in the division. Staying in this division for as long as we have done is success as far as I'm concerned.

As for there being better managers, who knows? Like you say, the obvious ones wouldn't come here. There's probably some great up and coming managers out there like that McKenna as Ipswich. But surely we've learned this season that you can get badly burned trying to find the next up and coming manager.

Some say they're not sure if Harris is the right manager for us for next season. Now, I'm not sure either on account of the fact that I don't have a crystal ball. Assuming we stay up, we may find ourselves rooted to the foot of the table next November in which case we might have to look at it all again, who knows? For now, though, I can only judge him on what he's done since he came back. Is there anyone who can deny that he's done a great job since his reappointment? As it stands, I'll be looking forward to next season and thinking that we're very lucky that he agreed to come back to us.

About sums up where I am

What I do know is I don’t want to turn up every week watching our players have 60% possession where 90% of that possession is passing around the defence it fucking bores the shit out of me

Harris deserves next season especially when our Championship status is fully confirmed.

What we do know with Harris if next season does go Pete Tong he is a man of impeccable integrity and will walk away without rinsing the club he loves for money

As far as I am concerned there will never be another Neil Harris in my lifetime

The geezer loves this club mate. It shouldn't need spelling out. The accusation that he only came back for a big payday is way off the mark in my opinion. When he got the call i very much doubt that his first words were- how much you going to pay me-? None of us know that but i just can't see that myself. I'd also be surprised if he is skint and in dire need for the money. JB gave him his chance and he obviously had a healthy relationship with the man. I just think he's an honorable man that has a huge affinity for our club.
Peckham, as I posted previously, I happened to be at the JB tributes at the same time as Neil and was lucky enough to have a chat with him, both his grief for the loss of JB and his love for the club were all too evident, this has shown in the way he has brought a bit of passion back to how we play at home. He is exactly what we needed at exactly the right time

Would be in the play offs with that form over the course of a season
But it's doubtful that it would happen. Harris is a big game manager that knows what is required for an upset. The chances of him doing what we done to Leicester week in week out is highly unlikely. Don't forget the Rotherham and Huddersfield results. There'd be plenty of them over a 46 game season.