Team v Foxes

silverlion

Staff member
A really tough game tomorrow against the league leaders who are flying. By contrast we are not looking good following three defeats out of the last four. We are low on energy, low on confidence and low on options and face a pivotal week which could determine our status for next season. NH faces a very tough 24 hours to decide on team selection and tactics in a game that nobody expects us to get anything out of. In my view he is facing a major dilemma. He could pick the same old guard and encourage them to give all that they have got to get a result or he could decide that he could bring in some fresh legs and give it a real go. Either way he has little to lose. If the old guard bust themselves into bits and still get thumped then so be it. If he goes for some changes of personnel and they lose then it won’t be due to a lack of trying to change it up.
Our biggest issue is that we cannot get the ball in the net nor can we have some attacking threat and play some of the game in their half. I was, along with many others really disappointed that he made no attacking changes when he took Oba off with twenty to go at Huddersfield and did not bring on Emakhu. OK, he may not be fit enough to last 90 or even 45 minutes but surely he must have enough in the tank to be an attacking nuisance for 20 minutes. Longman was like a chocolate fireguard and we were really down to ten for the latter part of the game. Huddersfield attacked us at will and we eventually cracked in the 94th minute. This just cannot happen tomorrow. We simply must have some attacking threat for the whole game.

There is no doubt that Shark will wear the gloves. My mate was at Saturdays game and said yesterday that he was MOM. Potential player of the season Leonard must start on the right in defence and I really think that in central defence we need Hutch. Tango played OK but Cooper was not at his best and maybe it is time to bring the skipper back for his drive and leadership skills. Danny must fill in at LB.
Midfield always has issues and the tried and tested duo of Sav and Billy has not reaped dividends. Time for change could bring Honeyman into central midfield with Casper as his partner. Start Esse wide right and bring in Mayor wide left. Flem could be in his usual ten with Oba up front. When he starts to tire bring on Emakhu pronto to be a nuisance up front. We are up against it big time and a change could bring rewards or we could just go down fighting.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Leonard Tango Hutch Danny
Esse Honeyman Casper Mayor
Flem Oba

Subs Bart Cooper Wes Longman Billy Sav BNC Emakhu Leahy

I like the look of that midfield, Silver. Tomorrow's match is a shot to nothing, so it's worth a change in midfield. Let's see what Mayor and Esse in particular can do and if they go well, maybe stick them in for what is probably a more important match next Saturday. If we are to have any chance of staying up, we need to have some kind of attacking threat.

A really tough game tomorrow against the league leaders who are flying. By contrast we are not looking good following three defeats out of the last four. We are low on energy, low on confidence and low on options and face a pivotal week which could determine our status for next season. NH faces a very tough 24 hours to decide on team selection and tactics in a game that nobody expects us to get anything out of. In my view he is facing a major dilemma. He could pick the same old guard and encourage them to give all that they have got to get a result or he could decide that he could bring in some fresh legs and give it a real go. Either way he has little to lose. If the old guard bust themselves into bits and still get thumped then so be it. If he goes for some changes of personnel and they lose then it won’t be due to a lack of trying to change it up.
Our biggest issue is that we cannot get the ball in the net nor can we have some attacking threat and play some of the game in their half. I was, along with many others really disappointed that he made no attacking changes when he took Oba off with twenty to go at Huddersfield and did not bring on Emakhu. OK, he may not be fit enough to last 90 or even 45 minutes but surely he must have enough in the tank to be an attacking nuisance for 20 minutes. Longman was like a chocolate fireguard and we were really down to ten for the latter part of the game. Huddersfield attacked us at will and we eventually cracked in the 94th minute. This just cannot happen tomorrow. We simply must have some attacking threat for the whole game.

There is no doubt that Shark will wear the gloves. My mate was at Saturdays game and said yesterday that he was MOM. Potential player of the season Leonard must start on the right in defence and I really think that in central defence we need Hutch. Tango played OK but Cooper was not at his best and maybe it is time to bring the skipper back for his drive and leadership skills. Danny must fill in at LB.
Midfield always has issues and the tried and tested duo of Sav and Billy has not reaped dividends. Time for change could bring Honeyman into central midfield with Casper as his partner. Start Esse wide right and bring in Mayor wide left. Flem could be in his usual ten with Oba up front. When he starts to tire bring on Emakhu pronto to be a nuisance up front. We are up against it big time and a change could bring rewards or we could just go down fighting.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Flem Oba

Like that team Silver, 442 keep it simple, with 2 up front when Mayor and Esse get balls in the box there might actually be someone there to get on the end of it!!!

I like the look of that midfield, Silver. Tomorrow's match is a shot to nothing, so it's worth a change in midfield. Let's see what Mayor and Esse in particular can do and if they go well, maybe stick them in for what is probably a more important match next Saturday. If we are to have any chance of staying up, we need to have some kind of attacking threat.
Can’t agree it’s a shot to nothing :wagging:
Leicester are favourites at 4/6 but they’re not 1/10 pokes. There’s every chance we can get at least a draw out of this one (otherwise have your mortgage on Leicester 🤷‍♂️)
P.s. It must be 100/1 that Silver’s got the starting line up right!

Would not mind at all giving Silvers line up a pop , maybe tweaking with Emakhu for Gladstone small.
But fully expect:
Sarkic
Lenny, Cooper, Tanganga, Danny
Billy ,Saville,Honeyman, Longman
Flemming, I'm Afobe.
🤞it ain't the third shit show in a row.
COYL SHOW SOME FUCKING PRIDE.

If anyone thinks that dopey prick will play any players with an ounce of flair against Leicester they are deluded.

We couldn't nick the point against Huddersfield, Tuesday's team will be picked to keep the score down and ultra defensive.

Can’t agree it’s a shot to nothing :wagging:
Leicester are favourites at 4/6 but they’re not 1/10 pokes. There’s every chance we can get at least a draw out of this one (otherwise have your mortgage on Leicester 🤷‍♂️)
P.s. It must be 100/1 that Silver’s got the starting line up right!
I'm afraid that the losses against Rotherham and Huddersfield has given me a disease of pessimism. A draw would be a great result and you never know, stranger things have happened.

In one way, it would be typical if we followed up defeats to strugglers with a result against a top side. But while while there is a chance of a draw, I can't agree that there's "every chance" of one!😇

We really need the three points, so must go for it with a 4-2-4
To get a firm result, this would be my preferred team to face the Foxes:

1. Goal Keeper Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid)
  2. Right-back: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
  3. Center-back: Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
  4. Center-back: Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
  5. Left-back: Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich)
  6. Central midfield: Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
  7. Central midfield: Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
  8. Right wing: Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
  9. Centre : Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
  10. Centre : Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus)
  11. Left wing: Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain)

My thoughts are,

Shark
Flem Oba

Longman for Esse

Nit picking again. Drop yourself out sweetheart. That's my team, in case you've missed the memo, that position is left midfield, so if you want to try and be pedantic, at least get things correct. Cheers :grinning:
No idea what you’re referring to in fairness.

Yes that’s an even bigger issue, not playing someone in their actual position.

Touchy touchy, glad you’re not picking the team, might get too emotional. 😢

No idea what you’re referring to in fairness.

Yes that’s an even bigger issue, not playing someone in their actual position.

Touchy touchy, glad you’re not picking the team, might get too emotional. 😢
:lol::blah:

I wasn't the emotional one nit picking someone's idea of a team setup vs Leicester to start off with.. 🤣

Not right wing position pal, it's right midfield. So get the facts about football formations correct before you start trying to get one up on others for no other reason barring you are a sad man.

Judging by your posts, you're utterly clueless on football knowledge, formations, setup and posess half a brain. You ain't worth a jot of my time anymore.
I'm certainly not touchy, I read yours, and others posts, and I see what a drab support we actually have at times. It's quite comical, all these boo boys come out the woodwork now we lose 2 in a row to spout utter bollocks regarding harris and team selections. Your view or opinion to me is utterly irrelevant. Glad to say, youve joined skidmark on the ignore list :grinning:

Last edited:
:lol::blah:

I wasn't the emotional one nit picking someone's idea of a team setup vs Leicester to start off with.. 🤣

Not right wing position pal, it's right midfield. So get the facts about football formations correct before you start trying to get one up on others for no other reason barring you are a sad man.

Judging by your posts, you're utterly clueless on football knowledge, formations, setup and posess half a brain. You ain't worth a jot of my time anymore.
I'm certainly not touchy, I read yours, and others posts, and I see what a drab support we actually have at times. It's quite comical, all these boo boys come out the woodwork now we lose 2 in a row to spout utter bollocks regarding harris and team selections. Your view or opinion to me is utterly irrelevant. Glad to say, youve joined skidmark on the ignore list :grinning:
Haha emotional, bless you.

Well you better edit your post then because after all that you put him on the left, gold! 🤣🤣

Judging by your responses I’m not the only one who knows you don’t have a Danny La Rue. 😘

If anyone thinks that dopey prick will play any players with an ounce of flair against Leicester they are deluded.

We couldn't nick the point against Huddersfield, Tuesday's team will be picked to keep the score down and ultra defensive.
This!
He's inept when it comes to picking any players with abit of flair.
He said he's gonna pick a team who will run through a brick wall so cue the 11 defenders