Just Back v Hornets

Sarkic
Danny, Tanga, Cooper, Bryan
Honeyman, Leonard, Saville
De Norre, Flemming
Obafemi

Flemming and De Norre working closely together could open up defences and provide the ammunition for Obafemi to utilise his pace in full 😉
4 - 3 - 2 - 1
Have you just invented this & will it work on my Subbuteo table?

Without his seven goals and four assists we’d already be relegated. Not bad for someone who’s not an out and out striker. I don’t think he’s that lazy (he’s certainly not a Rashford) he’s a decent replacement for Jed. And it’s the old question again, who would we get to come to Millwall on our budget who’s any better?
Nowhere near a Jed Wallace im afraid ,Jed used to set up a lot for us Fleming does it on odd occasions , just think the effort required in his position is lacking and pulls out of lots of 50\50 balls ..think he thinks he is better then what he actually is ,wish I could be more positive but we need 10 outfield warriors in the run in giving 110% I feel he does not do that

Sarkic
Danny, Tanga, Cooper, Bryan
Honeyman, Leonard, Saville
De Norre, Flemming
Obafemi

Flemming and De Norre working closely together could open up defences and provide the ammunition for Obafemi to utilise his pace in full 😉

I wouldn't have Bryan in the team. He has the heart of a pea. Not the type for the sort of battle we are in.

You are quite right about Oba. He had a better game, more energy, more threat and more involved. Still a little bit of a worry that he can only manage about 70 minutes and then I’m not sure that NH chose the right option as his replacement. Longman was poor as the target man. There was a moment late in the second half when the ball got knocked out to him wide left. He chased it out to the left byline but miscontrolled it and it went out for a throw to them. Just poor play and not something you would expect from a professional footballer earning shedloads. My view is that Emakhu would offer more pace and more threat but clearly that is not NH’s view. We are not in a good place for picking players to play upfront. It looks doubtful that we will see Tom or Rab this season so we will have to come up with a better option than Longman who was proper brown stuff!
A lot of players were miskicking especially Leonard which was unusual for him. There were also misplaced passes which is probably due to not having a settled team.

Without his seven goals and four assists we’d already be relegated. Not bad for someone who’s not an out and out striker. I don’t think he’s that lazy (he’s certainly not a Rashford) he’s a decent replacement for Jed. And it’s the old question again, who would we get to come to Millwall on our budget who’s any better?

He has been a leader for us in the last few weeks. His reaction to the win last week is there for everyone to see. He genuinely loves the club and the fans and he did the same yesterday. You can't fake that.

He isn't lazy at all, he is just slow. I think he could easily play as a striker. He is physically strong, good in the air and is probably the best finisher at the club. A majority of his goals have been from the sort of positions a striker takes up.

As you say, without his goals we would be nowhere. People mention a lot about his drifting through games but he did the exact same thing last season. His contribution to games was minimal but he scored goals which sounds ridiculous because without goals you don't win games. What I mean is that he is to some degree a luxury, but a luxury that scores winning goals is a diamond.

A lot of players were miskicking especially Leonard which was unusual for him. There were also misplaced passes which is probably due to not having a settled team.

That one from Leonard in the first half was so bad. It was only their players terrible touch that meant it didn't result in a goal. The pitch looked drier than a Nun's growler to me yesterday.

I wouldn't have Bryan in the team. He has the heart of a pea. Not the type for the sort of battle we are in.
Bryan has played as a wing back all season and been exposed but I believe in a flat back 4 he’ll be a totally different proposition 🙏

Bryan has played as a wing back all season and been exposed but I believe in a flat back 4 he’ll be a totally different proposition 🙏

He had a couple of games in a flat back four when I thought he played well and looked pretty strong in that position. Under GR, the 2-2 at home to Hull (he scored in that game as well). And oddly enough, a flat back four under Edwards when we beat QPR at home.

Hornets forum:

Do you really think Millwall were better than us?

Of course they were better than us, they scored a goal very early and then successfully stopped us doing the same. That is literally the aim of the game.

Last edited:
You don't rate Billy you've made that clear with your league 1 player comment, Billy had a very good game again yesterday.
Yesterday he ducked several 50/50 aerial challenges; got caught in possession too often (once circa 15 minutes in when a simple pass on the edge of their box to an overlapping teammate was the obvious option) and 10 seconds later they failed to convert a decent chance that would have been down to his mistake.

He constantly marks space, instead of picking up an opponent, and, especially in the second half, got marooned in no man’s land as play bypassed him and several passes put teammates under pressure.

Clearly we have different criteria for judging players and time will tell which of us is right. If it’s not me I’ll gladly put my hand up and admit it 🤷‍♂️

Most of the time he turned back on himself. He needs to learn to penetrate more and go forward with the ball. That said he did play well and now needs to take it to the next level

I expect Ulster to enter the chat sometime soon with his expertise on the subject.
:thumbup:

Yesterday he ducked several 50/50 aerial challenges; got caught in possession too often (once circa 15 minutes in when a simple pass on the edge of their box to an overlapping teammate was the obvious option) and 10 seconds later they failed to convert a decent chance that would have been down to his mistake.

He constantly marks space, instead of picking up an opponent, and, especially in the second half, got marooned in no man’s land as play bypassed him and several passes put teammates under pressure.

Clearly we have different criteria for judging players and time will tell which of us is right. If it’s not me I’ll gladly put my hand up and admit it 🤷‍♂️
He's played over a 100 games at championship level.

Members online