Just Back v Hornets

The fight is back. Today wasn't pretty at all but it didn't have to be. It was vital to win however it came because our form at the Den has been so poor. We have to face facts as Millwall. We are what we are. All the talk about playing beautiful football is not us right now, not with the players we have. Rowett knew that. Edwards didn't. Harris does. Harris has gone back to the absolute basics. We have to grind and battle and put bodies on the line, fight for every ball and make it clear to the opposition that beating us won't be easy. We are in a dogfight and those are never pretty.

Neil Harris deserves enormous credit for lifting the club as a whole. To conjure up two wins when confidence and belief was on the floor is remarkable. He has somehow instilled an inner steel in the players when there was none before.

The rest of the season is going to be a battle. At the very least we know we are up for it and there is a lot to be said for that because in the preceding run of games before Harris' arrival we weren't.

The fight is back. Today wasn't pretty at all but it didn't have to be. It was vital to win however it came because our form at the Den has been so poor. We have to face facts as Millwall. We are what we are. All the talk about playing beautiful football is not us right now, not with the players we have. Rowett knew that. Edwards didn't. Harris does. Harris has gone back to the absolute basics. We have to grind and battle and put bodies on the line, fight for every ball and make it clear to the opposition that beating us won't be easy. We are in a dogfight and those are never pretty.

Neil Harris deserves enormous credit for lifting the club as a whole. To conjure up two wins when confidence and belief was on the floor is remarkable. He has somehow instilled an inner steel in the players when there was none before.

The rest of the season is going to be a battle. At the very least we know we are up for it and there is a lot to be said for that because in the preceding run of games before Harris' arrival we weren't.
👏👏👏 Excellent post.

:clap: well said.

It wouldn’t surprise me if NH doesn’t rate him.

The most composed player on the ball we have who finds space and can turn, move forward and create.

Not frightened to tackle or head the ball, albeit a little on the small side. Without De Norre we’re light in the creation department 🤷‍♂️

Although I understand what you are saying.

This annoys me to think, in my opinion, one of our best players does not get a look in 🤣

I think in that second half with him in the middle we could have controlled the game a little more.

Can’t complain though, 6 points, you could play Rob Hulse up top if it means another 3

Entertainment value close to zero but all that matters at the moment is that we won.

Two big games coming up. Six points against Blackburn and Brum would buy us some breathing space. Very important that we take something out of both games.
Exactly.
A performance that definitely fell out of the ugly tree and hit loads of branches on the way down.
But a vital 3 pts ,especially with others winning.

I thought obi had a better go today, he could do with a goal, but will need ball across the box. Huge effort all round , I think Emakhu must get a chance? Either if Obi fires a blanks or coming on instead of Longman? Honeyman man of the match for me, and when Leonard wasn’t one of our best for a change, it shows how the others have upped their game. The keeper is getting athere, looked commanding today, with one less CB confusing the fuck out of everyone.

thanks sliver.It maybe a bore but its a win as at ston however we have fight and passion back and its going to be a dogfight.Its Wall getting in again instead of ball wacthing,i mean we have had this for a while,no passion and led by a gitless boss x 2 who have gone.

Now we are in a fight and against the odds however with harris we are going to fight the millwall way and we have to get behind the team 100%

You are quite right about Oba. He had a better game, more energy, more threat and more involved. Still a little bit of a worry that he can only manage about 70 minutes and then I’m not sure that NH chose the right option as his replacement. Longman was poor as the target man. There was a moment late in the second half when the ball got knocked out to him wide left. He chased it out to the left byline but miscontrolled it and it went out for a throw to them. Just poor play and not something you would expect from a professional footballer earning shedloads. My view is that Emakhu would offer more pace and more threat but clearly that is not NH’s view. We are not in a good place for picking players to play upfront. It looks doubtful that we will see Tom or Rab this season so we will have to come up with a better option than Longman who was proper brown stuff!

Like Zian is? Aidamo is also class, just lacks a little experience. Bradders hasnt been in the team too much of late, and although i dont think Oba is the answer... Zian has found a new confidence within himself the past month. Looks to have settled himself well and is well up for a battle.
Just think Fleming is a lazy player and Might not be right-person to lead the line , got lucky for his goal to be honest but just seems to stroll around midfield not doing much , a lot of people on here rate him but he is nowhere near the place when he can dominate a game and for large chunks of the game disappears ,for a player of his quality he is wanting let's all hope he can be the player a lot of people think he can be in this crucial run in, another big test on Tuesday at a ground we usually struggle let's hope it's a long journey for at least a point

You are quite right about Oba. He had a better game, more energy, more threat and more involved. Still a little bit of a worry that he can only manage about 70 minutes and then I’m not sure that NH chose the right option as his replacement. Longman was poor as the target man. There was a moment late in the second half when the ball got knocked out to him wide left. He chased it out to the left byline but miscontrolled it and it went out for a throw to them. Just poor play and not something you would expect from a professional footballer earning shedloads. My view is that Emakhu would offer more pace and more threat but clearly that is not NH’s view. We are not in a good place for picking players to play upfront. It looks doubtful that we will see Tom or Rab this season so we will have to come up with a better option than Longman who was proper brown stuff!
I am assuming Longman went on as CF to close down and press which to me is a defensive move and as the other forwards had stopped doing it long before then it made his job even harder.
Emakhu with his pace would of been my choice and hopefully we will see him and De Norre midweek as I think we will need fresh legs if we are to carry on chasing the ball for another 90 minutes.

Agree with half that statement!
Bit of quick stat wankery (so subject to double checking) but we’ve won more games this season when Mitchell has started (5 out of 18) than when De Norre has started (4 out of 18)
We’ve won six games (out of 19) when Saville has started including four wins in his last six starts. I agree De Norre is a better player than Mitchell but maybe the combination of Mitchell and Saville is better?

Just think Fleming is a lazy player and Might not be right-person to lead the line , got lucky for his goal to be honest but just seems to stroll around midfield not doing much , a lot of people on here rate him but he is nowhere near the place when he can dominate a game and for large chunks of the game disappears ,for a player of his quality he is wanting let's all hope he can be the player a lot of people think he can be in this crucial run in, another big test on Tuesday at a ground we usually struggle let's hope it's a long journey for at least a point
Without his seven goals and four assists we’d already be relegated. Not bad for someone who’s not an out and out striker. I don’t think he’s that lazy (he’s certainly not a Rashford) he’s a decent replacement for Jed. And it’s the old question again, who would we get to come to Millwall on our budget who’s any better?

Bit of quick stat wankery (so subject to double checking) but we’ve won more games this season when Mitchell has started (5 out of 18) than when De Norre has started (4 out of 18)
We’ve won six games (out of 19) when Saville has started including four wins in his last six starts. I agree De Norre is a better player than Mitchell but maybe the combination of Mitchell and Saville is better?
But Saville’s with Leonard alongside him and De Norre slightly in front would, IMO, reap more benefits than with Billy being involved 🤷‍♂️

But Saville’s with Leonard alongside him and De Norre slightly in front would, IMO, reap more benefits than with Billy being involved 🤷‍♂️
Possibly, but the slightly in front is Flemming’s job at the moment & Leonard can’t be everywhere

Possibly, but the slightly in front is Flemming’s job at the moment & Leonard can’t be everywhere
Sarkic
Danny, Tanga, Cooper, Bryan
Honeyman, Leonard, Saville
De Norre, Flemming
Obafemi

Flemming and De Norre working closely together could open up defences and provide the ammunition for Obafemi to utilise his pace in full 😉

I know it’s not as simple as this but I can only find six games this season that Saville has started with Casper alongside him:
One win, one draw & four defeats.
Maybe Billy will do for the relegation battle but De Norre will be the answer next season?